Answering A Question On Another Forum

b._.o._.b

"nathanallan" said:
Agreed, Atari has a lot to overcome. But I'd like them to, and get at least a foothold back in the market.

How well is the GP2X doing in Europe? I know a bunch of people here who've never heard of the thing and are curious, then there are people like me that have read up on it and really would like one but can't cause it isn't readily available. Are they hard to operate and work with?? Inform me! I'm in the dark over here and can't get one. Assuming they *are* hard to work with, why? is it the user interface? Is there a problem with the link between the PC and the handheld? So far, I've heard nothing but good about them.

Nathan

The GP2X isn't very well known in Europe as well. There are more than 30.000 units sold but they are sold all over the world, the most probably in UK. It's gaining popularity because of the great emulators and homebrew that is available and it is still growing rapidly.
I really like the atari-st emulator OutcaST, it's as fast as the real thing and it plays fantastic. Stuntcar racer on a handheld is great. The other atari's are emulated as well, the lynx is even better than the original (according to some players, I've never had one)

The community is superb, there are a lot of talented developers and they help each other with friendly advise.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/ is the place where it all happens, have a look, you will be suprised.

---

If you can drag files into a folder, you can install games on the GP2X. It's not difficult, and learning to use some of the gp2x programs is fun. If you have any problems with installing or a using program, you can always ask on the forum.

With gmenu2x you have a teriffic gui that will enable you to easy select all emulators and homebrew games. On a 1 gig sd card I have hundreds of games to choose from (I've got lots of c64 games and they are small but fun to play)

You can buy it in US http://www.gp2xstore.com/.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back