Anticipate The New Video Here

Ed just wondering was the screen blur and ghosting during superfrog due to the frameskip, recording? Or is it an lcd issue? Great video i can't wait to get the amiga running on my pandora.

Nice vid and good to see some of the GUI. Pretty decent. I love the Ubuntu netbook launcher, the less I have to use the stylus the better it is.
Seeing StuntCar racer was sweet! Only try to control yourself while playing ED ;) (4.42)

coevin said:
Ed just wondering was the screen blur and ghosting during superfrog due to the frameskip, recording? Or is it an lcd issue? Great video i can't wait to get the amiga running on my pandora.

I barely noticed any ghosting even on 720p version, I did notice the overscan marks on the left side..

Last edited by a moderator:
Was deffinately noticeable especially when jumping on the mushroom, nothing to get majorly worked up over. But like i was asking could easily have been a case of the frameskip or other factors.

WizardStan said:
Hey EvilDragon, what happens if, instead of putting the actual PND file into the directory, you create a symlink? Could you put the PND into the menu folder, and then symlink it to the desktop folder so it appears in both? (assuming the card is formatted to something that supports links or junctions)
This should work, according to the pndnotifyd sources. Don't count on it, though, but it's an easy fix if it doesn't.

Also, there really needs to go some work into creating a proper GUI for all of those WM switching scripts... The fact that they are scripts already makes me cringe... Might be on my TODO list once the Pandoras are shipped...

Butterman said:
Kloplop321 said:
Rathum said:
I noticed that ED pronounces it "guy". I've always pronounced it "gooey", but that's because it was how my first CS teacher pronounced it and he was from Kentucky >.>
Also, I'm really digging the netbook-launcher.

I say "gooey" too. It looks pretty sweet, I like it too. Though I would probably stick with the desktop-like interface Xfce

I hate it when people say it either way.

It's all about, G.U.I.

Yep, My sentiments exactly, Any other way sounds childish. Maybe i`m an old fart, But that`s just me.

Trooper

socket said:
UAE = Ultimate Amiga Emulator

lol *sarcastic" :rolleyes: UAE is taken cant use it
United Arab Emirates
lol

Great vid ED!

"My name is EvilDragon, of course" - Pure ED Gold!!!

Awesome seeing so many different ways to use the Pandora - take note Sony/Nintendo :p

One question though - Will UAE run full speed (without FS) once all the optimisations have been applied?

trooper said:
Butterman said:
Kloplop321 said:
Rathum said:
I noticed that ED pronounces it "guy". I've always pronounced it "gooey", but that's because it was how my first CS teacher pronounced it and he was from Kentucky >.>
Also, I'm really digging the netbook-launcher.

I say "gooey" too. It looks pretty sweet, I like it too. Though I would probably stick with the desktop-like interface Xfce

I hate it when people say it either way.

It's all about, G.U.I.

Yep, My sentiments exactly, Any other way sounds childish. Maybe i`m an old fart, But that`s just me.

Trooper

Or too young.

"O M G L O L that G U I was like W T F!!!1!"

Yes, I have heard similar statements out loud while the person was being completely serious. They should burn for that.

WizardStan said:
Hey EvilDragon, what happens if, instead of putting the actual PND file into the directory, you create a symlink? Could you put the PND into the menu folder, and then symlink it to the desktop folder so it appears in both? (assuming the card is formatted to something that supports links or junctions)

Just put it into a third magic folder called apps. Than it'll appear in both :)

Last edited:
TrashyMG said:
coevin said:

I barely noticed any ghosting even on 720p version, I did notice the overscan marks on the left side..

Never try to check for ghosting on ANY videos. I record an LCD which runs at 60i with 50i and then downconvert it to 25p for the Internet. It HAS to blur, there is no other way.

Did check for the ghosting issue, it's really a bit weird.
Seems like this is a mixture of timing, how scrolling works, etc.
In some games (Rainbow Islands, for example) it's visible but not as bad as making the game unplayable.
In some games (Turrican 1 & 2, SuperFrog, Speedball, Wonderboy in Monsterland ...) I can't make out any ghosting at all (just the normal slight blur every LCD has).
In some games (PacMania on the ST, Spindizzy Worlds) it's so bad it's almost unplayable.

Thank god most games are playable without noticing :)
I wonder if this has something to do with some games using special coloring, etc. that only really work on interlaced screens? It SHOULD be almost fixable with some filters I think.
It can't be the scrolling speed itself, as SuperFrog and Speedball have variable scrolling speeds so ghosting SHOULD be bad at least sometimes... but it's not.
PacMania has a constant scrolling speed.

Last edited:
Cheers ed hope the issues on the other games can be easily resolved. It's looking great can't wait, great video.

Looks awesome. I'll definantly be using UNR GUI most. The Xfce reminds me of Win98 too much and the other "console" is wicked but not my taste.
I always thought about an OS with switchable GUI and that nobody (I know) has done it.
So when I saw this, I had a heart-shock. This is awesome.

Has anyone seen Windows Phone 7 (new platform to WinMo legacy). It's got a weird interesting interface. Quick someone make a Linux version for Pandora!!!

Gallery -> http://www.engadget.com/photos/windows-phone-7-series-interface/#2710476
Hands on -> http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/15/windows-phone-7-series-hands-on-and-impressions/

Kangal said:
Looks awesome. I'll definantly be using UNR GUI most. The Xfce reminds me of Win98 too much and the other "console" is wicked but not my taste.
I always thought about an OS with switchable GUI and that nobody (I know) has done it.

Has anyone seen Windows Phone 7 (new platform to WinMo legacy). It's got a weird interesting interface. Quick someone make a Linux version for Pandora!!!

Gallery -> http://www.engadget.com/photos/windows-phone-7-series-interface/#2710476
Hands on -> http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/15/windows-phone-7-series-hands-on-and-impressions/

9zvFN.jpg

Offtopic Avoided!

Kangal said:

Shouldn't be too hard to implement something similar for Pangea, I'm going to think about it, as Pangea "pinjala" is still on design and prototype stage :)

senorgomez said:
9zvFN.jpg

Offtopic Avoided!

Wtf? haha lolz

Btw I didnt say port WinMoBo 7, I meant make a GUI for pandy with a similar twist.
Dnt wori, efgea understood.

So... are you using the original UAE (0.8.29), reportedly with iffy AGA support...

or... E-UAE, 0.8.29-WIP4 (with SDL backend/OpenGL I think, meant to be faster than UAE, and includes improved emulation fixes ported from WinUAE....)

Either way, any chance you could take a look at Gnostic's P-UAE? Reportedly he has synced it to the WinUAE emulation core (i.e. as good as it currently gets) along with all the WinUAE hardfile/030/snapshot support etc...

Last post he made to UAE mailing list:
Sent: 06 January 2010 15:46
Subject: [uae] puae 2.0.2

another quick update;
sorry for the rapidshare link but i don't have any hosting :}

http://rapidshare.com/files/331247480/puaex_2010_01_06.tar.gz

cheers,

Mustafa "GnoStiC" TUFAN

silver said:
So... are you using the original UAE (0.8.29), reportedly with iffy AGA support...

or... E-UAE, 0.8.29-WIP4 (with SDL backend/OpenGL I think, meant to be faster than UAE, and includes improved emulation fixes ported from WinUAE....)
Either way, any chance you could take a look at Gnostic's P-UAE? Reportedly he has synced it to the WinUAE emulation core (i.e. as good as it currently gets) along with all the WinUAE hardfile/030/snapshot support etc...

Yes, please give us a little more information on which flavour of UAE was used. I just hope it wasnt UAE4ALL which is great on the older consoles but the Pandora should be capable of so much more.

Back