Any Gfx Artist Want To Join Forces With Programmer

Nagelfar

See topic and subtopic. I can do games. I know Java, Java runs on the GP2x so we are all set here. What I can't do is Grafics, no really, I totally suck in doing those.
We wouldn't need a sound artist, I can produce beeps, no problem.
Also we would need ideas on what sort of gameplay we wan't to have and that is doable using YOUR graphical skills.
Anyone interested?

Are you sure they'll accept your entry if it is written in Java? They don't accept Fenix, Python or Lua, so you'd better check.

Well for one they require fancy interpreters ;) And also, they're likely to come under multiple files, which, again, for some super-crazy-cool reason is not allowed.

I must admit though that the contest theme sounds like a lot of fun.

- Alex

Well for one they require fancy interpreters ;) And also, they're likely to come under multiple files, which, again, for some super-crazy-cool reason is not allowed.

I'm interested in working with you again, Nagelfar. But, like Alex wrote, it sounds like they might not accept Java as a programming language for the contest:

GP2x (tested on the real thing, one file games only, seperated readme files are ok)

So, the multiple-files & Java-loader like we had in Laser2X probably wouldn't be acceptable. Do you want to check with the judges to find out if they'd allow it? Or is it possible to bypass the loading sequence, and to compress it all into one file?

Last edited by a moderator:

I must admit though that the contest theme sounds like a lot of fun.

- Alex
Well, most of the time nowadays it is JIT compiled but you are 100% right about the multiple files thing, thx a lot for pointing that out! I will check with the guys.

I'm interested in working with you again, Nagelfar. But, like Alex wrote, it sounds like they might not accept Java as a programming language for the contest:

GP2x (tested on the real thing, one file games only, seperated readme files are ok)

So, the multiple-files & Java-loader like we had in Laser2X probably wouldn't be acceptable. Do you want to check with the judges to find out if they'd allow it? Or is it possible to bypass the loading sequence, and to compress it all into one file?
Yeah I will check with them, I really like the idea of the contest as I loved those game, would be a pity not to be allowed to compete.

They don't accept Fenix, Python or Lua
Yes they do. From the rules:

If you use Fenix, Python, ZoT and/or LUA coded games, make sure you put the RUNTIME LIBRARY packaged with your entry.

Basically, as long as you don't have to download a seperate package to get the thing running, you can use whatever you want.

Edit: Looks like there was an edit to the rules today so it might be that this thread was the cause of that.

They don't accept Fenix, Python or Lua
Yes they do. From the rules:

If you use Fenix, Python, ZoT and/or LUA coded games, make sure you put the RUNTIME LIBRARY packaged with your entry.

Basically, as long as you don't have to download a seperate package to get the thing running, you can use whatever you want.

Edit: Looks like there was an edit to the rules today so it might be that this thread was the cause of that.
Yeah I checked with them. Java is fine, multiple files are fine as long as you don't send them 100 different files and runtimes to download and install seperatly. I can very well understand that :)

See topic and subtopic. I can do games. I know Java, Java runs on the GP2x so we are all set here. What I can't do is Grafics, no really, I totally suck in doing those.
Also we would need ideas on what sort of gameplay we wan't to have and that is doable using YOUR graphical skills.
Anyone interested?

I think we can talk. I've been doing game graphics since 1989. If it's a game I'm passionate about, I give discounts :)

-Troy

Anyone interested?

I think we can talk. I've been doing game graphics since 1989. If it's a game I'm passionate about, I give discounts :)

-Troy
Hey,

thx for the offer, I will keep it in mind for future projects, as for now, I'm already set :)

Back