Any News About A N64 Emu Lately ? I Dont Find Anything In Search

renejr902

Website
Visit site
any news about a n64 emu lately ? i dont find anything in search

any progress or anything, i knew that someone was working on it, but not much

Over at Zodttd's forums he seems to be EXTREMELY confident.

by extremely, I don't mean it will happen right away at full speed, but Zodttd is not worried.

I seem to remember him saying lightheartedly that he should "really get going on n64pandora" and he has indicated on several posts that he intends to use Daedalus, and intends for it to work. playably.

If they can get Daedalus working at 97% speed while running starfox on a psp, i can't see why they wouldn't be able to get it to run on the Pandora.

I think the tough part is working out all the bugs because the N64 has fairly complicated internal hardware (From what i hear)

Is there any news on a mame emulator of some kind, I would love to have a portable n64/ arcade.

I reckon N64 should be moved up to 'should work' instead of 'might work', because if it's possible on the psp, it's definitely possible on the pando.

P.S:

I think the n64 emu should be called pando64.

war2k7 said:
Is there any news on a mame emulator of some kind, I would love to have a portable n64/ arcade.
Check out some of the pandora videos; EvilDragon's latest includes mame emulation. So, it already exists, and works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be mistaken, but I think that's Final Burn Alpha, as opposed to MAME (but I could well be mistaken, so please correct me if I'm wrong :p).

emil10001 said:
Check out some of the pandora videos; EvilDragon's latest includes mame emulation. So, it already exists, and works well.
It'll be interesting to see how the controls pan-out for those games where the screen is rotated vertically. I think I spotted a GP2X video (darned if I can find it again) where the player simply rotated the GP2X sideways and the positioning of the controls pretty much worked out well, give or take a substitution or two.

However, the Pandora's from the renders I've seen might not lend itself well to being playable in a rotated fashion. It would make the most of the screen's resolution, but some ergonomics might not work out too well. B)

It'll also be interesting to see if an external USB gamepad will work for 2-player games (I can see the head collisions already! :rolleyes: ) or even simply for being able to rotate the display, yet use a detachable gamepad.

Thoughts?

I'm easy-going with this kind of stuff. If it doesn't play comfortably, I'll just save those games for the PC, and use the Pandora for stuff that it does best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back