~N64 Emulator Request~

frostedfires

It seems that there isn't a whole lot of topics about the N64 lately and I want to change that. This thread will be one where you can request a game for the N64 and see how well it runs, sound quality, and even playability. I know there is a list out there that shows the playability of a lot of games for the N64 but this is different. To request a game use this form.

Game Name Goes Here

Game Speed: 1 - 10

Sound Quality: 1 - 10

More info: Write any comments here.

I do not have my Pandora yet so I will not be answering the requests. Others who would be able to answer the request will be greatly thanked.

I would like to know about Pokemon Stadium 2.

Speaking of this, can anyone tell me where the more recent PND of the N64 emu is, the one which had a 5-10% speed up?

As I recall, it's not a real world 5-10% increase, it was just a 5-10% increase in the recompiler or something underlying that may translate into as much as a 5-10% increase of real speed. Or might be less than a 1% increase. I don't think Ari64 benchmarked everything with graphics and sound, just that particular piece of code.

As I recall, it's not a real world 5-10% increase, it was just a 5-10% increase in the recompiler or something underlying that may translate into as much as a 5-10% increase of real speed. Or might be less than a 1% increase. I don't think Ari64 benchmarked everything with graphics and sound, just that particular piece of code.
Yes. The speedup was associated with generating VFP instructions in the dynamic recompiler. It only affects the CPU emulation, not graphics or sound.

I'm working on another update, since I found two bugs (crashes) in the last release.

Yes. The speedup was associated with generating VFP instructions in the dynamic recompiler. It only affects the CPU emulation, not graphics or sound.

I'm working on another update, since I found two bugs (crashes) in the last release.
Hey Ari, have you been in touch with Adventus? I was looking forward to some of his improvements as well, and he was saying his unit was having problems, and then nothing. I just wanted to know if he is alive and well? You guys have all done great work, and hopefully one day in the future, we can all play many more great N64 games at full speeed on the wonderous Pandora :lol:

Chris

Hey Ari, have you been in touch with Adventus? I was looking forward to some of his improvements as well, and he was saying his unit was having problems, and then nothing. I just wanted to know if he is alive and well? You guys have all done great work, and hopefully one day in the future, we can all play many more great N64 games at full speeed on the wonderous Pandora :lol:

Chris
I haven't heard from Adventus. He's probably waiting for a Pandora, like the rest of us.

I haven't heard from Adventus. He's probably waiting for a Pandora, like the rest of us.
Hey Ari,

Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks! So very much! You deserve a salary for making the Emulator on the Pandora... You were the one that interested me to this project and convinced me to order a Pandora (I am a 1st batcher in the 3800 range). Just glad you are updating the emulator even more. If there is anyway to send a donation to you I would be more than happy to send some $ ;)

Hey Ari,

Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks! So very much! You deserve a salary for making the Emulator on the Pandora... You were the one that interested me to this project and convinced me to order a Pandora (I am a 1st batcher in the 3800 range). Just glad you are updating the emulator even more. If there is anyway to send a donation to you I would be more than happy to send some $ ;)
Well I guess you could buy me a pandaboard or a new computer or something ;)

any one know how gauntlent legend plays cause it run like crap on my pc n64 emu
Last I tried, it crashed glN64, and was glitchy in rice video. I haven't really looked into it.

Just like to reiterate what frostedfires has already said -

Many, many thanks Ari for all your time & great work so far (much more to come i'm sure) i am a card carrying N64 zealot (i stop counting my carts at 100+)

Your work so far was THE reason i ordered a Pandora, and after showing some YouTube videos of Mupen to friends/family & work colleagues - they too are looking to order one.

Like most here i am Pandoraless at the moment, but knowing that you are beavering away on this certainly helps take the sting out of the wait.

In the words of the Kurgan: "It's better to burn out, than to fade away!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back