Anybody picking up Epic Mickey 2..?

I doubt I will do.

It looks pretty nice graphically, but looks like Spyro, Ratchet/Crank, which I bore of a bit quick.

The LEGO series of games also remind me of these type, I played a couple of those and thought the Batman and the Star Wars ones were ok, but I think that was more to me being a fan of the franchises.

That said, I might well d/l the trial if on the PSN and see what I make of it.

Epic Mickey was a HUGE dissapointment for me, so I currently have no plans to try part 2. I have a modded Wii, so I may give it a shot once it's released, but it would take some stellar reviews for me to even consider it.

Chris

I've pre-ordered the upcoming 3DS version of Epic Mickey...

Looks like a worthy successor of Castle of Illusions. Can't wait. :)
Now this actually looks good. I'm very interested in it, and I was going to preorder, but I figured I would wait for some release reviews before I take the plunge. Plus, we've got Paper Mario coming out, and my backlog is HUGE, so I'll probably get this later once the price drops and if it gets good feedback.

I agree, it does look like classic Castle Of Illusions game play, so I'm hoping they don't drop the ball :p

Chris

Castle of Illusions was a fav on my old Game Gear ... I generally prefer the 2D side scrolling platforms over the 3D ones.

I go back to Mario Bros 1/2/3/World more than I do Mario 64, probably for that same reason.

If anyone's interested, the Epic Mickey 3DS Demo is up today in the states. Not sure about any other regions though.

I downloaded it, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Chris

Well, the gameplay is good enough, but every few feet you have to use your paint brush(which is you using your stylus), and it is like wiggling/waggling your wiimote. There are many games on the DS that require the stylus during gameplay, but it needs to be a integrated well, and here it is not.

At it's heart, Castle Of Illision is a platformer, and every few other screen requires me to draw or remove items from the landscape. It just breaks the mood for me personally. Others over at gamefaqs seem to like it, but not me.

You run across a ton of Disney characters, and certain ones appear to help you out during the stage where you find them. I'm sure my 6 year old would get a kick out of finding Peter Pan and having him help you out, but I personally could take it or leave it.

The 3d effect is very light, and just adds a light layer of depth, which isn't bad, but not great either. I still need to finish the demo(it appears to be rather long, and limited to the normal 30 plays), but it really doesn't look like anything will change, but if it does, I'll do an update after the fact.

Chris

Words cannot describe the shear depth of loathing i have for all things disney these days gone are the days when they produced really solid game licenses such as Castle of Illusion or Lucky Dime Caper just lacking in any innovation these days.

The only exception to this was Tron's most recent outing which i was ready to hate, but was pleasantly surprised.

WOW, I'm just not feeling this demo at all. I decided to call it quits.

The opinions over at Gamefaqs where very positive, but those guys must be on crack or something. :p They must have been playing a differant game than me, because I'm just not having any fun with this. I'll stick with the original Castle Of Illusion where I don't have to scribble on the screen every few seconds.

Chris

Back