Anyone here play's AION?

topvicious

Still Fresh
Hi

hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Do any of you guys play AION? I got mine for $2.00 online

first free month of subscription is free, the game is official going to the free to play market ,

It's titled AION Truly Free has no monthly fees (yeah, you know that lol) No cashshops.

Be able to buy your mounts in the game with Kinah (AION in game currency) Housing

You will be able to buy a home and change the color of the house you want, and not

just that, it offers Studio apartments, Houses, and mansions. I am in luck i got my

subscription just in time, the guys at NCsoft are rewarding people for having the

Subscription version of AION, also if you like, there is a unlimited trial now too

you can go up to level 40 i think this time. Well all i can say is i canceled my

WoW subscription, RIFT subscription and LOTRO (Lord Of The Rings Online)

So if any of you guys play this game my handle is Odarakis level 12 Cleric

In Israphel server!

I'm so frickin excited cant wait till the free version come out along with

3.0!

aion 2012-03-19 05-07-40-28.jpg

aion 2012-03-19 05-15-24-39.jpg

aion 2012-03-19 05-29-33-62.jpg

aion 2012-03-19 05-30-42-83.jpg

aion 2012-03-19 23-47-16-25.jpg

aion 2012-03-20 03-58-50-38.jpg

I may give it a try. I kinda like the concept behind the "Free to Play" option. I definitely appreciate this option in some games due to the fact that I'm a very casual gamer (less than 10h a week in games, and 10h is pushing it). With WoW, I just couldn't justify the subscription costs, so I canceled awhile ago. I just started playing a little Star Trek Online lately (1 hour logged), and may keep playing that a bit here and there.

I may give it a try. I kinda like the concept behind the "Free to Play" option. I definitely appreciate this option in some games due to the fact that I'm a very casual gamer (less than 10h a week in games, and 10h is pushing it). With WoW, I just couldn't justify the subscription costs, so I canceled awhile ago. I just started playing a little Star Trek Online lately (1 hour logged), and may keep playing that a bit here and there.

Yeah i know what you mean brother, i tried STO and several other games from Sony Online Entertainment

Didn't like it, and it sucks with EQII you get to have 2 slots for character creation, that's so much bullshit its a shame

but if you we're a subscriber (like) me your Character will be ported to the free2play. Big disappointment Sony hasn't fix the game

to run on modern day PC's i have an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor, Black Edition 3.3GHz(Overclocked to 4.6GHz)

16GB RAM (overclocked)

Massive hard drives. And the game won't play because it doesnt support multicore processors :/ what a joke. It plays but

It's super laggy as hell i don't care if you buy the top video card in the world you will have major lag with multicore processor

combo that is. You'll get 14FPS and 30FPS in some areas, AMD has an app to let you disable the core(s) but it's too much

of a hassle so i don't play anymore, and DC Universe Online It was alright something like EQII :/ But dude i say you should

go for it, It's one hell of an opportunity to take your time out with the game, i am so ready for 04-11 to get here.

But bro if you ever decide to get it, I'm Odarakis on there level 12 Cleric.

Hope you had a greatweekend dude!

I may give it a try. I kinda like the concept behind the "Free to Play" option. I
If there is any kind of cash shop this free to play is a lie, don't get used to it. Most free to play games are free for limited play only. Without cash items you need longer to succeed, the irony is that you pay for shorter game time. Instead of having fun with challenging fights of weak party againts difficult mobs you pay to reduce your fun and call that fun. By the way the first good game with unlimited account time, no significant ingame boosting cashshops and no monthly subscribtion fees was guild wars.

yes, but games that only add looks items or small "speed ups" do not pose problem to me... the problem are with game where you can simply not play without paying... like the one were you are not able to play with people who pay...

my favorite true free2play mmorpg is maple story, started playing it several years ago and it is still releasing new content and major updates and I think it is still really fun. Just picked it back up agian a month or two ago actually.

The cash shop is a large push in the game, for funding reasons. However it is entirely possible and practical to do solo quests and party quests and get the best gear without using the cash shop or spending any money. It's not too difficult either, the enhancements from the cash shop usually just make leveling faster or double your % of finding stuff... in addition to stupid costumes and stuff for people looking for attention.

I feel 95% of that stuff is garbage, but there is one useful item that I spend money on however, you can open a shop in game to sell stuff you find on quests and stuff instead of trading and haggling in the market area... costs about 2 dollars every 3 months. So I've probably put in $20 over the course of 3 years. You don't need it to be successful in the game, it's just a perk that costs money.

I may give it a try. I kinda like the concept behind the "Free to Play" option. I
If there is any kind of cash shop this free to play is a lie, don't get used to it. Most free to play games are free for limited play only. Without cash items you need longer to succeed, the irony is that you pay for shorter game time. Instead of having fun with challenging fights of weak party againts difficult mobs you pay to reduce your fun and call that fun. By the way the first good game with unlimited account time, no significant ingame boosting cashshops and no monthly subscribtion fees was guild wars.

Nope even the Producer said that, so you dont have to pay for mounts or houses, they may throw in like costumes, wedding stuff or dyes. But you can buy

Mounts and houses with Kinah (AION currency, that you earn from quests etc) But i have the subscription so i get exclusive armor i think its too late now

It's pretty good its only 2 bux and if you have the trial installed all you need to do is enter in the code, because 4-11 is the deadline when it goes free to play

so all the subscription fees will become null. i really think you should try it, i never played a mmo with so many features as aion has.

So let me know guys if you need help understanding, i been doing my AION homework lol

forgive me about my post guys, i got a chronic pain ilness i am on so many pain killers where my mind cannot function too well at times

hum, just noticed EQ1 as now a free to play option... class/race limited and it seems you'll not be able to use high end gear without paying trough... still a great thing considering all the neat thing you can do at lower level...

guess I could resume playing a bit... one year of playtime is prolly not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
hum, just noticed EQ1 as now a free to play option... class/race limited and it seems you'll not be able to use high end gear without paying trough... still a great thing considering all the neat thing you can do at lower level...

guess I could resume playing a bit... one year of playtime is prolly not enough

Really? I might give it a try bro, it sucks EQ2 doesnt play on multicore systems, and its a hassle to disable one core when you want to play the game.

And i would have to disable 5 cores...

EQ2 looks prettier but it just suck compared to EQ1... that's why there's still lot of people playing EQ1... no recent MMORPG have a so big world... there's so much you could do... and at ANY level, unlicke those MMORPG where you just level in your 2 appropriate zone, and then raid in all the rest of the zone....

you could ask me what you could do at any level and I'dd have at least 20 different good zone to propose...

I would so download it if Sony added multicore support for modern day processors... :(

I have to give it to them, they've really kept the game up well both games EQ/EQ2

it's a pretty old title and always gets a new look! That's a plus plus.

Back