Anyone Interested In 1St Batch?

I wonder if he reported it as it states that the shipping time Varies but underneath says Item will ship within one day of cleared payment. (also says it will ship from Canada)
You can't exactly ship a preorder I guess. In any case I'm sure someone would have nuked the auction at some point anyway as it's theoretically possible the Chinese company never ships another case or ones so messed up they can't be used then OP could never actually make the product. Which is why it's probably best to always assume an item being sold should actually exist at time of sale.

It would have been better to wait for ebay until it was shipped to him. Didn't someone else try to ebay a preorder in the past? I thought that one was canceled by ebay themselves?

I thought eBay policy says that you cannot sell what you currently do not have in possession?

Unless of course you're selling your place in line :D

Laurencevde said:
He's selling his preorder(thus including his place in the line), not an actual Pandora...
Which is thus a nontangible item, and an ebay violation.
See "No Item" restrictions:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-no-item.html

Last edited by a moderator:
j.pickens said:
Laurencevde said:
He's selling his preorder(thus including his place in the line), not an actual Pandora...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-no-item.html

The buyer will get the seller's original order number through email. This is a bit like selling serial keys.

lobski said:
j.pickens said:
Laurencevde said:

http://pages.ebay.co...ng-no-item.html

The buyer will get the seller's original order number through email. This is a bit like selling serial keys.
Except that the sale item is at the mercy of a third party, OP, which the auction disclaims responsibility for.
Serial Keys may or may not be resellable depending upon whether the original software disk or a duplicate derived from the original is included.

OP is under no obligation to fulfill the order with anyone but the party who paid originally.
The prospective purchaser of an item like the Pandora has two options under conventional consumer regulations:
1. Take delivery.
2. Ask for a refund.

He should either cancel, or wait until he gets the Pandora, and either keep it or resell it at that time.

I see what pickens is saying but it would suck if you needed your money back ASAP for some emergency and you either had to refund and take less than you paid (exchange rates) or wait till it shipped and then ebay it. I guess thats the chance you take when you preorder?

Then again he could just be trying to make a quick buck. I wouldn't trust buying a preorder on ebay myself. I see someone did bid on it though. That bidder has balls... or money falling out his ass.

To the original poster...when bidding ends, you should get the winner's postal address and give it to OpenPandora/Jacqueline, so when the Pandora does ship it'll ship to the winners address, not yours.

But I'm having doubts of how long your eBay sale will be up, because I'm sure many people will report you for whatever reason.

I wonder how much an actual Pandora would go for on eBay right now.
$500 US? More? Less?

More.

To: Ebay preorder seller

Due to our inability to confirm or control transactions by third parties, as well as our obligations under the Office of Fair Trade,
we can only ship products to the person or entity which purchased them from us.
Would you like a refund, or would you like to take delivery of the Pandora you ordered?

Regards,
The OP Team.

SONY said:
To the original poster...when bidding ends, you should get the winner's postal address and give it to OpenPandora/Jacqueline, so when the Pandora does ship it'll ship to the winners address, not yours.

But I'm having doubts of how long your eBay sale will be up, because I'm sure many people will report you for whatever reason.

I wonder how much an actual Pandora would go for on eBay right now.
$500 US? More? Less?

More.

Exactly what im planning to do, dont know what you had in mind exactly. Im going to email the winner the order number along with confirmation that OP changed the orders address and other details`. As for ebay, I spoke to rep before I put the listing up, they say everything is fine.

j.pickens said:
To: Ebay preorder seller

Due to our inability to confirm or control transactions by third parties, as well as our obligations under the Office of Fair Trade,
we can only ship products to the person or entity which purchased them from us.
Would you like a refund, or would you like to take delivery of the Pandora you ordered?

Regards,
The OP Team.

You can change preorder address and other details its been done before, dont know where you are getting this from ...

Alerino said:
i think MDave exchanged/sold queue place with/to Exophase (?)
Nevertheless, OP is under no obligation to allow such change in contract.
And ebay does not allow auctions of this nature, for that reason.

Nik1 said:
Exactly what im planning to do, dont know what you had in mind exactly. Im going to email the winner the order number along with confirmation that OP changed the orders address and other details`. As for ebay, I spoke to rep before I put the listing up, they say everything is fine.

Sweet! All is well then! :)

j.pickens said:
The contract of purchase is between the purchaser and the company selling the product.
There is simply no consumer right to transfer that contract to a third party.

Some people just like to troll dont they? If for some reason I cant transfer my preorder to a another person, ill just send back the winners money, its done through ebay for a reason ....

j.pickens said:
Alerino said:
i think MDave exchanged/sold queue place with/to Exophase (?)
Nevertheless, OP is under no obligation to allow such change in contract.
And ebay does not allow auctions of this nature, for that reason.

I don't think we have anything to worry about, it's basically the same as changing the shipping address because you want to send it to someone as a gift ;) Any money that goes on between me and Exophase is private, and doesn't effect Open Pandora in any way.

And if somehow it is a problem, and it gets shipped to me, then I'll ship it straight to Exophase myself.

My point in all this is as follows:

OP is under pressure to complete these Pandoras and transactions as effectively as possible.
They are required to comply with myriad U.K. and international consumer regulations.
There are lots of people who have waited quite some time for their product.

I have no problem with OP deciding to allow people to transfer their orders IF OP DECIDES TO ALLOW THIS.

Nik1 has just assumed that he can require OP to accede to his demands.
He should have asked first.

BUT

The mere act of asking if this is OK puts yet more pressure on OP to comply with such requests, keep track of transfers, etc.

You are adding to the cost of selling the OP, and you don't care a whit...

Back