Anyone know of a cell phone sized audo jack to standard size audo jack?

second exodous

Advanced Member
A few times I've gone to 1dealaday.com or similar site and bought cheap earphones that have a tiny audio jack and microphone for a cell phone. I go though earphones quite fast so I like to stock up especially when it is like $.99 and free shipping for a major brand. I thought it would be easy to find an adapter that would turn these cellphone earphones into standard earphones but I'm having difficulty finding one. Like I said in the topic description I don't really care about the microphone, I'll be using it on devices that don't have the microphone combined into the audio jack, like the Pandora, so that is not an issue for me. Anyone know of an adapter?

You mean an adapter to plug 2.5mm headphones into a standard 3.5mm jack? I know that Belkin produce one, as I accidentally ended up buying one when I was actually after one for plugging a standard 3.5mm plug into a 2.5mm jack. Amazon should carry it, regardless of region, as far as I know - try searching for "2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter" (sans quotes) or something similar.

I have but it only turns up adapters so you can use standard earphones(3.5mm) on cell phones, like the one you meant to buy, but I'm looking for the one you got by accident. I think they're pretty rare so that is why I'm asking here. I'll look on Belkin site, thanx.

This adapter would be for earphones I already bought. If I can't find one I'm only out maybe 5 or so dollars, not a big loss but would still be cool finding an adapter.

Back