Anyone Seen This?

Kangal

Youtube

Thread

Basically the GameGripper (or gg) for the N900.
Looks like a very competitive alternative to the Pandora with still weak-points;

• No nubs
  • No Shoulder buttons
  • Inferior tactile feel of buttons

What are your thoughts??
(and no I'm not going to open another pointless poll)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen something like that for the Motorola Droid. Not sure how well it works, but it seems to get good reviews. Its pretty much just a piece of plastic with springy buttons that push on the existing keyboard buttons.

Methinks the N900 being all but discontinued is a hindrance to its competitive status.

Exophase said:
Methinks the N900 being all but discontinued is a hindrance to its competitive status.

me thinks you are correct. But me also thinks a community-based MeeGo may breathe new life into it.

Aurekana said:
Seen something like that for the Motorola Droid. Not sure how well it works, but it seems to get good reviews. Its pretty much just a piece of plastic with springy buttons that push on the existing keyboard buttons.
Might I ask where?

Jourdy288 said:
Aurekana said:
Might I ask where?

The problem might be how many key presses at once can the N800 support?

Kangal said:
Youtube

Thread

Basically the GameGripper (or gg) for the N900.
Looks like a very competitive alternative to the Pandora with still weak-points;

• No nubs
  • No Shoulder buttons
  • Inferior tactile feel of buttons

What are your thoughts??
(and no I'm not going to open another pointless poll)

On the other hand, it has the advantage of being readily available. My pre-ordered Pandora might kick the shit out of my N900, but one of these is in my hands right now, and the other is still waiting to be assembled.

Jourdy288 said:
Aurekana said:
Might I ask where?

Here: http://sites.google.com/site/gamegripper/

craigix said:
The problem might be how many key presses at once can the N800 support?

The n800 has no keyboard so anywhere between zero is a pretty good guess I'd say. I've played hours of Tyrian on my n810 though, using the keyboard and shitty d-pad, and number of key presses was never a problem.

umm...for anyone that doesnt know, there is an iphone version of this made solely by our OPT

This was a cool idea, still is if you have a phone with a keypad. His other game grippers work on Android phones also. If I had one of the phones he makes game grippers for I'd get one, it's a cheap fix.

EDIT: 'Over 3000 sold!' must be a pretty good business, I think it's only a couple of guys. I think this lets the quit there day job and it looks like phones with physical keyboards are still coming out and they don't have d-pads.

Aurekana said:
Jourdy288 said:
Aurekana said:
Might I ask where?

Here: http://sites.google.com/site/gamegripper/
Thanks, now I'm wondering if there's something more like the iControlPad for the Droid X...

second exodous said:
EDIT: 'Over 3000 sold!' must be a pretty good business, I think it's only a couple of guys. I think this lets the quit there day job and it looks like phones with physical keyboards are still coming out and they don't have d-pads.

I believe that includes the Droid version, which has been out for a few months.

I ordered two of these yesterday, as a friend wanted one too and I owed him some money. I'll be retrogaming on my OMAP3 Linux handheld in no time.

DaMummy said:
umm...for anyone that doesnt know, there is an iphone version of this made solely by our OPT

I think you mean to say that it's still in development?

Back