Anything New?

DixieDawg

Still Fresh
I am a long time lurker who pre-ordered the minute they went for sale. I have been checking the forums every day for months for new info, etc. I would love to see a few new pictures or some short video clips of how some of the emulators and other stuff are coming along. It would make time pass a little more quicky

DixieDawg said:
I am a long time lurker who pre-ordered the minute they went for sale. I have been checking the forums every day for months for new info, etc. I would love to see a few new pictures or some short video clips of how some of the emulators and other stuff are coming along. It would make time pass a little more quicky
Yeah, we all do. Time is becoming long.
But we have to wait until some devs receive their new pandora, i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
DixieDawg said:
At the moment, the cc-refund takes most of the time but manufacturing continues in the backgrund. I think the next update will be some vids running DosBox games, as ED said and maybe some wifi pics.
Stay tuned :)

mali said:
DixieDawg said:
At the moment, the cc-refund takes most of the time but manufacturing continues in the backgrund. I think the next update will be some vids running DosBox games, as ED said and maybe some wifi pics.
True - but that is only Craig's team that are having credit card grief. ED, MWeston etc should not be too affected by it. Or are they?

TaG said:
mali said:
DixieDawg said:
True - but that is only Craig's team that are having credit card grief. ED, MWeston etc should not be too affected by it. Or are they?

The problem is, that according to the last available info, ED hasn't got the MK2 board, yet and on the MK1 the kernel is broken, so he couldn't make videos. I don't know about MWeston. I think as long as the moaning isn't too much on the boards, there is no need to hurry the updates. Craig's post about the Wifi pics seem to indicate that(change within hours, get quoted for weeks).

mali said:
OK, well then how about a picture of someone from GBAX or openpandora, etc, processing a credit card refund? :p I understand these people are absolutely golden for dealing with all these transactions; this is a lot of work. I have 1 credit card refund to worry about: my own. They have potentially a few hundred more than I do, and it must get quite repetitive and painstaking...

Cheers, everyone.

You know, they wouldn't have that "change withing hours, get quoted for weeks" problem if they just made a post every time they changed something. Or how about a webcam that follows each of them around every moment of every day so we can see exactly what they're doing.

Just kidding. Really. I am _not_ stalking anybody.

jbr said:
You know, they wouldn't have that "change withing hours, get quoted for weeks" problem if they just made a post every time they changed something.

Thats already been proved wrong when Craigix posted a change, the change was then stickied to ensure people read it, and yet people still quoted the old information! (Even Chip did it on one occasion).

The only way to stop the problem is simply to say nothing at all, then no incorrect information can be quoted, as there wouldn't be any, but then people would probably think Craigix has run off with there money (again).

Squidge said:
The only way to stop the problem is simply to say nothing at all, then no incorrect information can be quoted, as there wouldn't be any, but then people would probably think Craigix has run off with there money (again).
What - he's run off with the money before?
(kidding)

There are so many people here just ravenous for any scrap of information, it's funny to watch - although I do myself scour the boards for any scraps virtually daily. Anticipation is at fever pitch.

i understand them not wanting out-dated information to be quoted. but to leave us hungry and in the dark as a solution? may be an easy way, but doesnt seem right to me.

I think that info supplied by the Dev more frequently (even with some of the info being out-of-date soon after) is better than leaving all of the HUNGRY daily (some more frequent than that) visitors with nothing. With nothing they tend to dig arround and even 'make up stuff' or someones speculation becomes the food for their appetite. At least a snipit daily news or even 3-4 times a week, no matter how trivial and no matter if the info is not 'set-in-concrete' would be better. Every here is smart enough to accept this project is subject to changes along the way I think. Does anyone really take it to heart when a few really bored people who winge all the time?? I doubt it.

Squidge said:
The only way to stop the problem is simply to say nothing at all, then no incorrect information can be quoted, as there wouldn't be any

And yet, when I suggested just that exact plan several months ago, it was rejected as a bad idea. Why was that again?
but then people would probably think Craigix has run off with there money (again).

Oh yeah :p

@Squidge: I was kidding about the whole thing, you know. I don't expect anyone with important stuff to do to waste all their time on the forum.

Although, I do find it a little bit frustrating that the devs find it so annoying when we quote outdated information that they don't want to give us _any_ at all!
I mean, perhaps you guys could just give us information and we could all promise not to quote you at all, or something. I dunno, I think there must be a better solution to this somewhere...

I know, I'll start pulling information out of my ass and telling people it's true, that way a dev will _have_ to come in and correct me! Just kidding, just kidding.

Middo said:
I think that info supplied by the Dev more frequently (even with some of the info being out-of-date soon after) is better than leaving all of the HUNGRY daily (some more frequent than that) visitors with nothing.
There have been nine updates in the last two weeks. Is that still not enough for you? What will it take to sate you desire for knowledge? What "info" would you like?
  • When will the Pandoras start shipping? Probably in December.
  • How long will it take to ship them all? Nobody knows.
  • Why aren't there any pictures / videos of a finished Pandora? There isn't a finished Pandora yet.
  • When will there be one? Don't know. Probably soon.
  • Why aren't there any pictures / videos of parts? Because they're sitting in a factory waiting to be assembled somewhere in North America. The only hardware dev in North America is MWeston. North America is a big continent. What are the chances that the factory just happens to be within driving distance from his home? Perhaps he or another dev will be taking a trip to the factory to document the process, but there are a lot of more pressing issues at the moment.
  • When will we see the final UI? When it's finished.
  • What's going on with the bank / credit card problems? I've already explained it all at length. I cannot be any more specific than I have been, but it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to read between the lines.
  • When will it be taken care of? See the link above.
  • How do we know if we need to re-order? See above. If you get an email, you have to re-order.
  • But how do we know if we're getting an email? You won't know until it either shows up, or you see an announcement here that says all refunds have been sent.
  • Can't you just post a list? No. It is a much bigger pain in the ass than you could possibly imagine. The process is really simple: Get email = re-order. Don't get email = do nothing. That's it. We're not asking you to do long division here.
Is there any more "info" I can provide?

CronoTriggerfan said:
Given that they've got 600+ LCDs at this point and completed MK2 boards, what all are we waiting on to see a finalized Pandora? Case and drivers?
Yep. Remember that the case consists of about a dozen different pieces, not including things like the hinge, keyboard membrane, and ribbon cables which may be coming from different factories.

When there is a final unit to show, we'll show it.

Chip said:

• well, thanks for that update! didn't see that before. last info i heard was end of november.

Chip said:
Middo said:
I think that info supplied by the Dev more frequently (even with some of the info being out-of-date soon after) is better than leaving all of the HUNGRY daily (some more frequent than that) visitors with nothing.
There have been nine updates in the last two weeks. Is that still not enough for you? What will it take to sate you desire for knowledge? What "info" would you like?
  • How long will it take to ship them all? Nobody knows.
  • Why aren't there any pictures / videos of a finished Pandora? There isn't a finished Pandora yet.
  • When will there be one? Don't know. Probably soon.
  • Why aren't there any pictures / videos of parts? Because they're sitting in a factory waiting to be assembled somewhere in North America. The only hardware dev in North America is MWeston. North America is a big continent. What are the chances that the factory just happens to be within driving distance from his home? Perhaps he or another dev will be taking a trip to the factory to document the process, but there are a lot of more pressing issues at the moment.
  • When will we see the final UI? When it's finished.
  • What's going on with the bank / credit card problems? I've already explained it all at length. I cannot be any more specific than I have been, but it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to read between the lines.
  • When will it be taken care of? See the link above.
  • How do we know if we need to re-order? See above. If you get an email, you have to re-order.
  • But how do we know if we're getting an email? You won't know until it either shows up, or you see an announcement here that says all refunds have been sent.
  • Can't you just post a list? No. It is a much bigger pain in the ass than you could possibly imagine. The process is really simple: Get email = re-order. Don't get email = do nothing. That's it. We're not asking you to do long division here.
Is there any more "info" I can provide?

Hi Chip, meant no disrespect to you. You have been doing a great job actually with keeping Forum members and guests up to date etc. Many (I'm sure) wish you'd been given your current level of info relaying long ago. Mearly an overall (even hindsight) observation and opinion in general over the last few months.

Cheers!

Back