Appleiie / Apple2e Games With Gp2xmess

vaustein

I'm trying to play ShadowKeep. When I start apple2.gpe, the b/w Apple II splash appears. Using the MESS menu, I insert disks 1 and 2 (of 4), then "Reset System". Once the Apple II command prompt appears, I enter RUN. Nothing happens.

It's been a long *long* time since I've used an Apple II. I remember RUN and LIST, plus the Basic programming language, but nothing else about system commands. How do I run the game?

The correct bios are zipped in apple2.zip in the bios subfolder of the gp2xmess directory.

I'm trying to play ShadowKeep. When I start apple2.gpe, the b/w Apple II splash appears. Using the MESS menu, I insert disks 1 and 2 (of 4), then "Reset System". Once the Apple II command prompt appears, I enter RUN. Nothing happens.

It's been a long *long* time since I've used an Apple II. I remember RUN and LIST, plus the Basic programming language, but nothing else about system commands. How do I run the game?

The correct bios are zipped in apple2.zip in the bios subfolder of the gp2xmess directory.

Hi there,

There are a couple of other commands that might be useful. CATALOG is one, and BRUN is the other that comes to mind. Hope this helps...

~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, Telengard.

It turns out that I loaded the wrong disk image into Drive 1 :-} But thanks for the extra commands for my repertoire.

BTW, I really like your avatar. It's understated yet appropriately retro.

Back