Apples and Oranges

waffles

Unachivement unlocked.
Website
Visit site
I dont really think its that hard to compare apples to oranges, their both fruits, round, colors of fire, grow on trees, and have a skin.

And if you think about it, they're both fruits, moderately sweet and sour, similarly sized and tasty.

Oranges are clearly better than apples. Vitamin C FTW.

Plus, oranges taste better than apples, and orange juice tastes better than apple juice. Oranges are juicier than apples - easier to peel than apples, less likely to contain worms, don't rot as fast...

And apples are more likely to cause gas.

Plus oranges are from Florida, apples are from Washington. Florida is way better and cooler than Washington!

orange juice tastes better than apple juice.

the only explanation for that opinion is that you have never had Martinelli Apple Juice. Its the stuff in the round jars.

Last edited by a moderator:
chad78 said:
Plus, oranges taste better than apples
Opinion

chad78 said:
orange juice tastes better than apple juice.
Not always. The chance of having lousy, sour OJ is greater than having lousy, sour apple juice.

chad78 said:
don't rot as fast...
Nonsense, I've had Fuji apples stay in my refrigerator for upwards of 2 months and still be crisp and delicious.

waffles said:
the only explanation for that opinion is that you have never had Martinelli Apple Juice. Its the stuff in the round jars.
That's some good stuff. Really, if you buy apple juice (this goes for any pure fruit juice), you should make sure it isn't from concentrate. You can always add your own water to tone it down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yummy, fit in pocket, keep scurvy at bay.

Apples and oranges are both PIRATE APPROVED!

:p

The expression simply means that two different things shouldn't be directly compared, they should be compared to your intended use or preference.

If you want a crunchy fruit, you want an apple, if you want a juicy fruit, you likely want an orange. If you want a fruit that can get a little dirt on and still eat the disposable skin of an orange is a good match for you.

These fruits appeal to people differently, and don't necessarily fulfill the same food craving or nutritional need.

Same with an Eeepc vs a Pandora, yes both gadgets, the same as an apple and an orange are both fruits. But you personally may need or want features only offered by one of them.

Maybe "apples and oranges" shouldn't be brought up, but just point people at a wiki page entitled "How these things are different, and how to choose the one that best suits you" We could chuck PSP and DS and GP2X and Wiz in there as well.

We have comparos, but maybe a "Dummies Guide to why things are different" would be apropos.

An apple a day keeps doctor away...

Apple pie is also delicious.

I am a fan of one, and only one kind of apple juice: Martenelli's Sparkling Cider. Seriously, one of the best drinks on the planet.

Back