[Applimulator ;)] apkenv + apkenv.ui

thanks for the data.

i'll check the codeblocks settings, probably the version on github doesnt build anymore right away (which it definitely should, but yeah)

If I use make, I get the following error

imagelib/loadjpeg.c:33:13: error: conflicting types for 'jpeg_mem_src'
In file included from imagelib/loadjpeg.c:9:0: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/jpeglib.h:961:14: note: previous declaration of 'jpeg_mem_src' was here

:(

Do you accept suggestions in this thread?

Final fantasy IV support would be possible? It's the only android game that I'm really interested in.

If I use make, I get the following error

imagelib/loadjpeg.c:33:13: error: conflicting types for 'jpeg_mem_src'
In file included from imagelib/loadjpeg.c:9:0: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/jpeglib.h:961:14: note: previous declaration of 'jpeg_mem_src' was here

:(
Seems like you are compiling for newer version of jpeglib than the one on pandora.

Do you accept suggestions in this thread?

Final fantasy IV support would be possible? It's the only android game that I'm really interested in.
Looks like a native game, so probably possible.

Seems like you are compiling for newer version of jpeglib than the one on pandora.
Yeah, that's the downside of ptitSeb's. When I build KeePassX I have to mess around with different lib versions :( I'll have another go sometime over the weekend hopefully

@pmprog - i've just fixed the plants versus zombie module to correctly support input, now scrolling works as expected.

if you could check it and give feedback, here's the intermediate download: http://crow.riot.org/pnd/beta/apkenv-v42.3.17.2.pnd

for all others: i've only tested super hexagon and a bit of plants vs zombies right now, all other games *should* work as expected, but you never know ...

Thanks, I'll let you know tomorrow, as I won't have time to test it today

ok thanks for the feedback. will upload this version to the repo then and send a pull request to the original code base

Pretty neat piece of software, thanks!

I have 2 questions:

- Is there any other apk working non-officially?

- Any plans for more modules?

Where can I buy the humble bundle version of plants vs zombies which works with apkenv?

What is the save way to exit an App? I found no readme with the hotkeys. I just hit ESC and went back to apkenv so I guess that's fine. Some apps don#t have an real exit button, which confuses me as old school gamer all the time. :D

By the way, there is Sonic 4 for Android, would be cool if this could run on the Pandora and with the physical Pandora Controls (I never would play this with the Touchscreen. :D )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.sonic4epi&hl=en

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the save way to exit an App?
I assume you mean a "safe" way, however, the design theory behind Android is that developers should design their app for shutting at any point. So ESC is perfectly "safe", because the app should already be taking care of that.

Pretty neat piece of software, thanks!

I have 2 questions:

- Is there any other apk working non-officially?

- Any plans for more modules?
about game compatibility: http://wiki.maemo.org/Apkenv/Game_Compatibility that list is pretty much what we have now, except Sonic 4, which is not really working (yet)

i have some unfinished modules lying around which i hope to get working someday. and well, still big picture is unity player (but dont hold your breath on that)

What is the save way to exit an App?
I assume you mean a "safe" way, however, the design theory behind Android is that developers should design their app for shutting at any point. So ESC is perfectly "safe", because the app should already be taking care of that.
yes. thats correct. additionally, when ESC is pressed, the apk's native module gets notified about that. ESC is not destructive, it tries to cleanly shutdown everything.

yes. thats correct. additionally, when ESC is pressed, the apk's native module gets notified about that. ESC is not destructive, it tries to cleanly shutdown everything.
Speaking of which, I still cannot play PvZ after closing apkenv without rebooting, if I keep tapping ESC, it'll eventually drop me out to the apkenv UI where I can quit, so it's not as bad as I previously thought, but still means I can't play the game.

I also noticed (IIRC) that if I load KAMI RETRO first, then try and load apkenv, I can't play PvZ, it leaves Kami on the screen. but Kami doesn't run in .next so I can't double-check ATM

Thanks for the new version  - by the way, any hint to what is causing the sound issue (too fast playback) ?
Could just be that the notaz' mixer is assuming wrong audio format. I'll check that.

It's more like SDL_mixer not supporting resampling properly.

There is now also a way to exit if app listens for android's back key, which is mapped to backspace on pandora.

maybe the predefined AUDIO_RATE at 22050 is wrong ... or the music and the effects use different rate? or marmalade doesn't care about the return value of soundInit :)

Back