April News - Cool Blog Update Coming Soon?

astro said:
sehs33 said:
Are we calling the Pandora "Panda" now? I hope not, Panda has been used as a nickname for so many devices I know.
No. Please No. :angry:

Why not? I can call it a pimpledinklepompom if I want to!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
GunPei2X said:
That's pretty fantastic news. So this is the "first 10", followed by the "first 100" in May?
Yep, followed by the "next 3000". Then, god willing, we'll finally get to see the "final five".

Followed by a obligatory one year wait before starting to wondering about which unit REALLY is the "final one" :)

icurafu said:
I think atomicthumbs would be a great canidate for the first 100. He is likely to spend hundreds of hours tinkering with it and giving feedback. It would be good if the first 100 are mostly dev, but you still need some hard-core users.
That's what I plan to do, as well as learning to program with it.

I've got my copy of K&R right here, but it's slow going. You have to learn how to program before you learn how to develop software. :p

quartercast said:
Would it be comprehensible though?
indeed, when doing something as important as Pandora feedback and testing, it is important to be as comprehensive as possible.

i think that between 100 developers there would be plenty of feedback on the unit, I dont think it would be a good idea for "hard core users" to have them because i don't think the fanboys who would want an early kit without programming knowledge would give the most objective feedback.

A 'normal user' having a unit would be totally pointless, since there would be no software for them to use.
Good, proven developers only for the first batch is the only sensible way to go.

Gruso said:
GunPei2X said:
That's pretty fantastic news. So this is the "first 10", followed by the "first 100" in May?
Yep, followed by the "next 3000". Then, god willing, we'll finally get to see the "final five".
we've seen the final 4!

Back