GP2X Are There Any 3d Engines Available For The Gp2x?

CCmachined

yes - I know OpenGL can't work on the gp2x.

like Payback... software 3D. are there any usable engines that people could make games with? i've just started compiling things with SDL, C++ and the gp2x, so I was just wondering.

Theres also gpu940, which runs on the 2nd cpu(egoboo2x), trenki's software renderer, which has custom shader support(theres a tutorial in the stickys of this forum), and ZeEngine, which isnt exactly a 3d engine, but of all the 3D engines ive found, exept for maybe gpu940(i couldnt get it running), ZeEngine is the fastest, and it is really simple, and I was working on my own which was faster than ZeEngine(Only Flat Shading Though), but it slowed down for some reason I cant find, so I never finished it

StreaK said:
we have Yeti3D, aswell :)
I thought the guy disappeared with the pro source code?

Did we get it back (aka find the guy)? Or did those who bought it share it? Or are we talking the free source only ("demo source")?

If I recall correctly the Yeti engine is pretty good, at least the port for the GP2X that I played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trenki did an awesome C++ 3D engine for the GP2X, i'm surprised that he isn't named in this thread yet. It even supports some form of shaders...

Hey all,

Just thought I'd drop in with the Yeti3D port that I did. It's unframecapped, and it flys at 100mhz. It's based on the old GPL'd code though, so it's pretty limited. Someone with a lot of free time could really make something out of it. I have placed the project on hold some time ago... life got in the way. But if the interest is enough, I can release all the source that I have from the various versions, and maybe someone else will be able to patch it into something amazing. I DO plan to continue this when the P&|a comes out, though. So stay tuned. Prolly learn enough OpenGL ES to port it, and get even better performance, lolz.

But, like I said, if the interest is there, I can make a major archive of the source from like 10 different versions I have, along with some tools. Also, the source to my port is included in the archive along with the binaries.

Let me know!
~Lineus

Lineus said:
Hey all,

Just thought I'd drop in with the Yeti3D port that I did. It's unframecapped, and it flys at 100mhz. It's based on the old GPL'd code though, so it's pretty limited. Someone with a lot of free time could really make something out of it. ................

Maybe you can have a look at this

http://yeti3dpro.sourceforge.net/

I have no GP32 coding experience.

Cheers
Derek Evans

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, Yeti3D is an awesome engine, thank you for this release. :)

Did a quick compilation for the gp2x here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,38,2862

Run good, with tiny slow down at 200mhz on certain parts.

Thank's a lot :)

Just try it on my F200 and i think is fantastic...i love to see a game with it.

Back