Are You A Young Genius, Or A Button Zapping Old Duffer?

Please select your age bracket

• 0 to 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 - 15

• 16 - 20

• 21 - 25

• 26 - 30

• 31 - 35

• 36 - 40

• 41 - 45

• 46 - 50

• 51 - 55

• 56 - 60

• 61 - 70

• 71 - 80

• 81 - 90

• 91 and above

• Total voters

I guess I am a button zapping old duffer. I am the 51 person. I really don't know how I got this old. :blink: One day I was playing video games and the next thing I know, I am 51. Maybe it was the video games. :eek: When I started going to the arcades, it was pin ball machines. I'm really not that good of a gamer, but I have a lot of fun. I have a real love for the "arcade type" games. “Retro” is were it really is at for me. I will play video games as long as I can hold the controller and see what it is I am controling. :)

darkman posted on Sep 16 2006 at 08:12 AM said:
I guess I am a button zapping old duffer. I am the 51 person. I really don't know how I got this old. :blink: One day I was playing video games and the next thing I know, I am 51. Maybe it was the video games. :eek: When I started going to the arcades, it was pin ball machines. I'm really not that good of a gamer, but I have a lot of fun. I have a real love for the "arcade type" games. “Retro” is were it really is at for me. I will play video games as long as I can hold the controller and see what it is I am controling. :)
I know exactly what you mean, I'm a happy bunny when I get my hands on a complicated joystick :D.

Seriously though, I get as much enjoyment out of the new super graphicy games as I do retro games. You can often see me playing on Mame or ZSNES, just as much as newer games like F.E.A.R, Quake 4 or Fable. Mind you, I also enjoy writing retro style games too!

The reason I wanted to know our average age is that I just turned 40 (Thankfully I look 10 years younger than I am :) ) and I have noticed a lot of the younger generation have joined our little section of the web. Thus, this pole!

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 16 2006 at 02:42 AM said:
darkman posted on Sep 16 2006 at 08:12 AM said:
I know exactly what you mean, I'm a happy bunny when I get my hands on a complicated joystick :D.

Seriously though, I get as much enjoyment out of the new super graphicy games as I do retro games. You can often see me playing on Mame or ZSNES, just as much as newer games like F.E.A.R, Quake 4 or Fable. Mind you, I also enjoy writing retro style games too!

The reason I wanted to know our average age is that I just turned 40 (Thankfully I look 10 years younger than I am :) ) and I have noticed a lot of the younger generation have joined our little section of the web. Thus, this pole!
I know what you mean by enjoyment of the more modern day eye candy games. One of my favorites is ICO. Loved that games all the way through it. I am also a Final Fantasy person. I am probably one of the few that really liked FF 9. Even through I have only made it half way through FF 10, I am eagerly waiting for FF 12. I also like the Xenosaga series. I do like a lot of the modern day stuff but I am a little picky in what I play. When it comes to racing, I like the modern stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
21, soon to be 22 .. and I can't remember a time before I played video games and wasn't trying to somehow make my own, programming or drawing levels for a Sonic game on looseleaf paper in elementary school...

Back