Are You Going To "show Off" Your Pandora?

Well all my friends are already sick of hearing about it, but I know a good few people will be interested in having a look once I've actually got my hands on it. Of my group of friends I am probably the least intense gamer so they are all bickering over whether I should get an xbox360 or a ps3 but it will be good to spring out with something a bit more left field. My uncle is really into computers as well and we confused our entire families by getting only vaguelly technical about its specs. He got the most wonderful frown from everyone when talking about linux flavours haha

Publically I will probably just use it on trains and see who shows an interest. I'm expecting most people to go "oh wow I didnt know you could watch videos on a DS" or something though.

I have at least two friends who will be upset if I don't show it off to them. Other than that, who knows?

I ordert 2 one for a friend one for me. I told some friends about the pandora end some sad "sounds good if it is as good as you tell me i buy one" so if pandora rooks as mutch as i hope there will be some more peopel for the next batch

aaron11193 said:
mechanizeddeath said:
To put it another way, one of my friends (female) asks me nearly every day when she'll be able to play SNES on my Pandora, while my Apple-loving best friend (male) only asks me if I've realized yet that this is an elaborate scam. :rolleyes:
Like the Apple iPhone? :lol:

best post

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be too busy trying not to get it robbed off me while on the way to work through Peckham. So I'll be doing the opposite of showing it off and playing it stealth style on the bus.

Sadly I know very people who would appreciate it.

Yes, I would show it off as much as I can, I want to make all my friends feel jealousy at how awesome my new pandora is, and worship the very ground I walk upon to be able to just touch the pandora.

GaleFenrir said:
Yes, I would show it off as much as I can, I want to make all my friends feel jealousy at how awesome my new pandora is, and worship the very ground I walk upon to be able to just touch the pandora.
I wouldn't dare. I would covet it, so no one can know I have it, therefore they cannot steal it. Anyone besides the developers who shows of their Pandora is a bragging brat. I can understand if your a dev since you can show what you have accomplished, but showing it off as an end user? That's just being a snob and telling everyone you have a fat wallet ripe for the plucking.

:pandora1: :ph34r: :pandora1:

I'll show it to my fellow colleages... even persuede my boss to buy this for them too. I work in an open source minded company and we have some connections in the government.

But most of all, I'm gonna try to survive and do all my design work on a pandora only in a week and see if it's truly a standalone portable workstation.

I will walk around naked with just the Pandora covering my bits instead of the fig leaf (and promptly get arrested for indecent exposure and die of pneumonia...)

kin said:
But most of all, I'm gonna try to survive and do all my design work on a pandora only in a week and see if it's truly a standalone portable workstation.

What sort of design work are you going to do on a 4.3" screen? All credit to you if you succeed.

CandidStan said:
GaleFenrir said:
I wouldn't dare. I would covet it, so no one can know I have it, therefore they cannot steal it. Anyone besides the developers who shows of their Pandora is a bragging brat. I can understand if your a dev since you can show what you have accomplished, but showing it off as an end user? That's just being a snob and telling everyone you have a fat wallet ripe for the plucking.

Well, I do plan on doing some development on it, but, I didnt want to brag about it, I was just wanting to see if I can get them interested in it, and by them I mean my closest friends.

:rolleyes: I will do what I did with the GP2X , walk into the subway with a suit & a combination suitcase handcuffed to my wrist . Whip it out , play & the first person to ask me whats that I just tell them I work for SEGA and im checking the unit to make sure their new handheld is working properly before I take it to some unknown destination . :lol:

TaG said:
kin said:

What sort of design work are you going to do on a 4.3" screen? All credit to you if you succeed.
Well... I'm going to try gimp or inkscape and hope to be less dependant of photoshop.

How would inkscape ween you off photohsop? (or, as many non-FOSS fanboys would agree, gimp)

Sphinxter said:
No but I will be wearing it around my neck like Flavor Flave.
Is there a full-screen clock available in the repo? :D

PoisonedV said:
How would inkscape ween you off photohsop? (or, as many non-FOSS fanboys would agree, gimp)
LOL try to ignore the public opinion and try some other workarounds.

Dunno if Gimp supports macros but if so than it should be not much of a prob to create some layer effects.

CandidStan said:
GaleFenrir said:

Hmmph, Hide-A-Pod is down. Time to make something unattractive to hide the Pandora in so some jealous creep doesn't want to nab it! :lol:

Back