Are You Likely To Mod Your Pandora

How strong is the need to mod in you.

• I will mod within the first year.

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • I may mod in the first year.

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • I'll mod once it's out of warrenty.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I would apply someone elses mod if cool enough.

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • No plans to mod yet. Not ruled out.

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Would never mod.

Votes: 16 12.9%

• Total voters

I don't think I'd want to actually physically mod my first batch Pandora anyway. I'd have to eventually get a seond one for any modding purposes.

Step 1: Obtain a RepRap
Step 2: Print off a new deeper base, for installation of
1) Extra shoulder buttons
2) Microvision laser projector
3) 1.8" drive

mali said:
A lengthy Tablet MOD discussion:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/44693-pandora-tablet-mod/

There were several threads at that time, I don't know if the fold-back mod is discussed in this one, too much to read too little time, right now.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/38155-our-new-machine-pandora/page__st__600__p__554583&#entry554583

Now that's a Pandora I want!

Last edited by a moderator:
archue said:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/38155-our-new-machine-pandora/page__st__600__p__554583&#entry554583

Now that's a Pandora I want!
I've something like that in mind, too. I want to get rid of the keyboard completely and make the gaming controls detachable, though. :)

El Jefe said:
Apparently it is meant to be twisted twice inside the hinge, from after which it rotates 90 degrees. In a swivel hinge, it would need only 1 twist +180 degrees of additional turn. heck you could probably start with only half a turn, except I guess that would put the cable in reverse order when plugged into the screen.
It doesn't get twisted, it gets rolled. You'd be hardpressed to make a swivel that just rolls the cable instead of twisting it.

mali said:
A lengthy Tablet MOD discussion:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/44693-pandora-tablet-mod/ ..<snip>
I wonder if Always Innovating saw that post ?

There are plenty of things that I'd like to do with it, but I doubt i'll touch it for a long time. I'd be too afraid that my soldering would bork the board forever. I am intending to make a miniature, Pandora sized and theme arcade stick for it though.

I'd probably not mod it before the warranty runs out, but after that I might go for some LED mods, primarily keypad backlight. If I'm feeling daring I might go for replacing the logo on the lid and adding a backlight to it, Apple style. I'll be checking around for a good L2/R2 mod as well. =)

cappuchok said:
If I'm feeling daring I might go for replacing the logo on the lid and adding a backlight to it
*psst* there's a GPIO line in the lid for exactly that purpose ;)
Or an extra button on the back of the lid, if you want.
Unless MWeston pulled that feature in the last year, as well :(

Rockthesmurf said:
I plan to remove all the components inside the Pandora and turn it in to a mini lunch box.

Steve

would be cheaper to just buy the case, which will be possible

I will buy an extra case, to paint :p

GizmoTheGreen said:
Rockthesmurf said:
I plan to remove all the components inside the Pandora and turn it in to a mini lunch box.

Steve

would be cheaper to just buy the case, which will be possible
But only half as pointless

GizmoTheGreen said:
I will buy an extra case, to paint :p
Use a brush, much easier.

brush?
you mean work with the original casing?

no please, i want to be able to revert if my paintjob turns out like shit

El Jefe said:
....woosh?
+1
y_rofl.gif

I idly wonder if it would be possible to take some usb wires internally up into the top half (through the middle of the coiled ribbon?) and then replace one of the speakers with the guts of a Huawei E169 3g stick (this one also supports voice!). And/or a similar setup with the other speaker and a decent usb camera.

I don't have the nerve to fly blind on that, but I'll give it a try if someone else does it first.

a

Back