Are You Willing To To Take The Next Case Batch Even If Not Perfect?

Willing to accept the case if it works (even with minor visual flaws)?

• Yes

Votes: 141 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 120 46.0%

• Total voters

Gruso said:
If they've got a tracking number, then it's been shipped. Craig is saying that the number isn't really good for anything until the package lands in (in this case) Canada.

i guess this is so and i don't want to bad-mouth anyone, but the tracking number is no proof of shipment afaik. we always have a few prepared dhl labels (including the tracking number i think) lying around in our office.

Last edited by a moderator:
To vote, I would actually need the details of what is wrong. A little misplacement on the silkscreen would be cool, but if something doesn't function in regards to controls, that's a big NO!

In regards to the tracking number issue, there are many things that happen with international and domestic shipping. The only time the tracking number is good from start to finish is when you use Fed Ex, or UPS. There systems talk worldwide, so you can follow a package anywhere in the delivery cycle. DHL does a lot of hand off work. The package comes from one currier in country "X", and then DHL takes the package in country "Y", and vice versa! So until it arrives in the destination country, the tracking number may only show movement in the origin country(which only shows what it did before it got on a plane). Once the package arrives in the destination country, the number can be used on that end.

Sometimes the currier service takes it's sweet time to update, so then you won't even know where it is until the delivery man knocks on your door. That's very rare but can happen(the postal service in the us updates only a few times a day). So if Craig doesn't have a Canadian scan update from today, it's a very good chance the package still has not arrived in Canada yet! Normally international packages with tracking numbers will be scanned as soon as it arrives in the country. Then it may take 1-3 days to clear customs, and travel to the point of delivery within the country.

Chris

jumpman said:
To vote, I would actually need the details of what is wrong. A little misplacement on the silkscreen would be cool, but if something doesn't function in regards to controls, that's a big NO!

IIRC The remaining problems with the cases were silkscreen alignment, surface finish, some cooling marks, and maybe some fine-tuning of the inside of the cases.
I wouldnt mind if i'd get it with the current (Rev2?) case. Rev3 should be atlest better, so i'm not worried.

I'm feeling really good about the revision 3 cases also. The mould company took an extra couple of weeks to just fix silkscreen, and the finish quality. They didn't need to do anything to the functionality. I just hope they didn't @#$% something up that wasn't broke to begin with. So these cases should be DS/PSP quality perfect! If these cases aren't perfect, I don't mind the wait, but the mould company should really be kick in the A$$ at that point! :eek: Just a suggestion, no harm meant! :p

Chris

@Jumpman: From what artist is your Avatar thing-ma-jiggy??
/off topic

For my part im all for usability. If it works great, won't break easily, well i'm happy with it.
If its a purely esthetic flaw i won't mind as much since i'm not really careful with the stuff i own.
Everything works great, they just don't look as good.

craigix said:
I never did get the hinge to break, so the weakest point is strong.
did you try a hammer?

well i wouldnt mind a second floor fall test or even from above the ceiling.

i accidentally tested my k810i and it survived scratchless.

DroneB Dev said:
well i wouldnt mind a second floor fall test or even from above the ceiling.

i accidentally tested my k810i and it survived scratchless.

That's nothing.

I've dropped my W510i into the same river twice. The first time, it took me a few minutes to find. The second took me 20 minutes to find the phone and about 30 to find the battery.

It still works to this day.

Butterman said:
  1. Yes (112 votes [50.00%]) Percentage of vote: 50.00%
  2. No (112 votes [50.00%])
Nice :D

now the yesserz got 2 more votes.

Is it possible to mass send the pre-orderers emails, asking if they want a pandora with minor visual flaws or not?
This way we can make everyone happy.

I'd like a visual flawed pandora, if that brings me from place 3000 to about 1000. I want my pandora asap :p

Back