Argos Dc Adapter Loose

Curvespace BIG BIG warning!!!!!
I bought one of those and it burned out my motherboard when I was downloading from my PC to my GP2X.
Cost £70 quid for a new one and I was lucky nothing else burned out.
My tip to you is return the adapter to argos and get a Uniross adapter and some rechargeables.
The adapter isn't on an approved hardware list so warranty is not guarranteed!!!
Up to you but I wish I'd known.....

Just take it back to Argos and swap it...

Good luck...

Well, finally managed to get to Maplins yesterday to pick up an adapter. The staff there were reasonably helpful, if a little passe about by my warnings that they could fry the device. Ended up getting a generic Maplins adapter that seems to work ok. It's huge though, bigger than the GP2X (which I find pleasingly ironic), but it's got a pretty long cable which I figured would probably be more important to my needs (and it was ten quid cheaper). I considered getting a decent recharger and a load of batteries as well, but they were quite expensive in there so I'll likely get them online sometime in the future. I got the adapter because I know I'm going to want to get a cradle at some point.

It's worth noting that the new adapter doesn't actually fit into the GP2X any deeper than it did before - there's still a good 2mm to before it's all the way in. So I assume the fault lies in the unit itself. However this time it has a much better connection and whilst not perfect, does actually feel like it's plugged in. I've already had my ass handed to me on a plate multiple times in Star Control 2, so it works for me. :)

Goldfish: Cheers, I appreciate the warning. Sorry to hear you had such a hard time with it. :( Can I just clarify which adapter you are talking about? I'm guessing it's the Argos one, but I really wouldn't want to screw this up!

Back