Artist For Pmenu Skins Wanted

Here's an update to my Platinum skin. I think it's finished now, I decided to go for functionality over aesthetics by maximizing the amount of room we can use, so the application list shows 9 applications :)

Download link: Here

nmbz3k.png

Goddamnit, now I got it running. Once. And now it segfaults when I try to run it. Rrrrr.

Disregard that. It works now.

http://bunnitude.com/misc/files/Brickabrack.zip

Skin in progress. Uses the same basic layout as the default skin because I'm lazy. Icons from the Oxygen icon set. Big font is Coolvetica, small font is Greyscale.

Request: can we have a different method of adjusting the text so that it doesn't result in keming?

Got pmenu working :D howerver I can't get to interact with anything, is that normal ?
and here an updated mockup of my theme (yes I just realized the fav button is missing!):
pmenu04.jpg

Hey guys.

All your skins are really fantastic.
I didn't thought so many of you would help, and i must say i'm really happy and thanks you a lot. All the work i'v done (with the little time i have) on the menu become to be rewarded.

That said, i must say that you'll have some work to do on the next release :) to adapt your skins to the new Gui configuration file. I'v added a lot of new things based on your comment's and renamed some things so it's more clear. I'v also added something very cool in my opinion, the possibility to display a preview video instead a preview pic (this is again based on mplayer, so a lot of format should be compatible). This possibility will be used (i hope) by developer's when packaging their ".pnd" application.

Ok, just updated pmenu on the first post. Here are the changes :

- Added settings text interlines spacing option to the skin configuration file (gui.cfg)
- Added proper x/y coordinates for applications_box.
- Added proper x/y coordinates for the setting menu text (same as applications_box)
- Added "applications_box_w" setting to the skin configuration file (gui.cfg)
- Added "icon_scale_max" and "icon_scale_min" to the skin configuration file (gui.cfg)
- Added "applications_spacing" for text interlines spacing to the skin configuration file (gui.cfg)
- Changed "applications" section by "Media" section
- Changed "divers" section by "Misc" section
- Added a specific font for each infos settings, and with custom color and size.
- Added an "hightlight" category icon option in the skin configuration file (gui.cfg) so you can set a different icon when selected.

I may forget some changes ! Also the explanation are a bit confusing, but since English isn't my first language, it's hard for me.

I'm sorry to say that you will have some work since i changed some things. I tried to add all the request (except for music MDave :p , we will see that later), if not please ask me again your needed change.

I'm waiting the answer from the author of the wallpaper from the WIP I've showed.
If in two days he still don't answer me, I'll have to make a wallpaper myself.
I'll try keep the base color and the style of the image.

I'm working with Illustrator* if someone want the vector files (either in SVG or AI) just ask me.
But if you use this work, put a commented line in gui.cfg to credit my work, please. (oops, now it's skin.cfg ;) )

Wow, Cpasjuste tu travailles dur!
Pmenu is becoming extensively skinnable, we will have to update our skins :p
I'll try to make another skin not dependent on the work of somebody else for this new version.

* I have an official academic CS4 license: I can work with CS4 but I'm not allowed to sell this work

These are just .. beautiful .. I am truly impressed.

Off Topic: does anyone know where to get the models for the virtual Pandora? Is it available in Blender format? Please PM me if you know where I can find this, I'd love to have it also ..

Cpasjuste said:

- Added settings text interlines spacing option to the skin configuration file (gui.cfg)
- Added proper x/y coordinates for the setting menu text (same as applications_box)
- Added "icon_scale_max" and "icon_scale_min" to the skin configuration file (gui.cfg)
- Added "applications_spacing" for text interlines spacing to the skin configuration file (gui.cfg)
- Added a specific font for each infos settings, and with custom color and size.
- Added an "hightlight" category icon option in the skin configuration file (gui.cfg) so you can set a different icon when selected.

I may forget some changes ! Also the explanation are a bit confusing, but since English isn't my first language, it's hard for me.

I'm sorry to say that you will have some work since i changed some things. I tried to add all the request (except for music MDave :p , we will see that later), if not please ask me again your needed change.

^_^ yay thanks very much

anyone figure out why i get this yet?
trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ dir
CHANGELOG.TXT pmenu run.sh sd1 skins
libs pmenu.cfg run.sh~ sd2 testdata
trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ bash ./run.sh
./run.sh: line 2: ./pmenu: No such file or directory

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevsweb said:
Cpasjuste said:

^_^ yay thanks very much

anyone figure out why i get this yet?
trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ dir
CHANGELOG.TXT pmenu run.sh sd1 skins
libs pmenu.cfg run.sh~ sd2 testdata
trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ bash ./run.sh
chmod +x pmenu

Cpasjuste said:

Nice, I'll go ahead and update my skin to use the new gui.cfg since I've got to make some finishing touches anyway.

Cpasjuste said:

Just in time for my next skin::

pmenu_console_slick.jpg

pmenu_console_slick2.jpg

trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ chmod +x pmenu
trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ ./run.sh

:/ not working

trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ bash ./pmenu
./pmenu: ./pmenu: cannot execute binary file

Lowlander said:
@SlashEMc2k

that looks really really cool. looks even better than your last one :)

Thanks Lowlander I spent most of today on this one..
But I`m a bit concerned it will be too dark or the fonts will appear too small on screen..

Cpasjuste - Once there are enough skins; could you create a quick video so we can see how they look on screen? :)

Trevsweb - are you sure pmenu is in the same folder as run.sh?

Trevsweb said:
trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ chmod +x pmenu
trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ ./run.sh

:/ not working

trevor@trevor-desktop:~/release$ bash ./pmenu
./pmenu: ./pmenu: cannot execute binary file
What does your "uname -a" say? That looks like you might've got the wrong arch.

Also: Yay, updates! I'll have to see if I'll have time to update my skin during the weekend.

trevor@trevor-desktop:~/Desktop/release$ uname -a
Linux trevor-desktop 2.6.31-15-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 10 14:53:52 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

@Slash it appears in the dir so i assume it is

Trevsweb said:

trevor@trevor-desktop:~/Desktop/release$ uname -a
Linux trevor-desktop 2.6.31-15-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 10 14:53:52 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

@Slash it appears in the dir so i assume it is

I'm not exactly sure here, but wouldn't your arch require a 64bit build or ia32 libs? No, it wouldn't. Thanks dflemstr for showing me the path :)

Back