Asus Nexus 7 - Google Jelly Bean

I have a 2.6Ghz Quad core in my desktop. So about that fast :p
for what? most games will be streamed off servers tegra 3 can decode 1080p no probs probably alot higher all i want is more storage and 2GB system memory

More power for photo and video editing would be good . Plus with more power the door starts to open for new emulators.

Actually the price of SSD's is comming down rapidly. A 1TB SSD in a tablet should come about in the future.

On a side note, I found this interesting page on Emulators for Android: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Emulation/feature.asp?c=38947

Last edited by a moderator:
They showed this tablet throwing video up on the wide screen telly, but it wasn't via HDMI it was using that Nexus Q device.

Demoed the Transformer film, stored on the Cloud, and it actually continues from where the user was last watching it on the tablet itself earlier on... nice feature.

The lack of SD card is pretty lame though.

I suspect they are trying to promote the Cloud more, get everyone downloading from Play and saving to Cloud, then view on your home telly using the Q.

Still for the price, and the store credit offer, it sounds a nice deal, I will likely upgrade to this myself, get the iCP working on it and sorted

They showed this tablet throwing video up on the wide screen telly, but it wasn't via HDMI it was using that Nexus Q device.

Demoed the Transformer film, stored on the Cloud, and it actually continues from where the user was last watching it on the tablet itself earlier on... nice feature.

The lack of SD card is pretty lame though.

I suspect they are trying to promote the Cloud more, get everyone downloading from Play and saving to Cloud, then view on your home telly using the Q.

Still for the price, and the store credit offer, it sounds a nice deal, I will likely upgrade to this myself, get the iCP working on it and sorted
Dont fancy spending 299 dollars for a feature that should be a give on this device

Not sure about this cloud business for storage. I see some issues

1) Storage is generally cheap these days

2) Privacy, I don't like the sound of uploading my stuff to the cloud. For general moves and music it would be ok though.

3) For mobile devices, it's still not really practical as there are still many places you cannot connect to the web.

I agree with cazmiester and vcoleiro, I don't use any cloud services and not looking to in a hurry. TV-Out should be available with a simple HDMI-Mini port, perhaps the USB can run an adaptor and you will be able to TV-Out? I was just taking a hunch that it may not allow this as they probably want people to invest in the Q.

This is what Apple do don't they? Force their users to use Airport to do similar things, unless J/B of course.

Here in UK, US and Canada only at moment.

Bit lame that these type releases don't happen in sync Globally

I ordered mine yesterday night 16gb to boot.

Sod it, I think I'm going to pre-order one of these, I recently got my GF an Iconia A200 and I've been toying with getting myself a tab. 7" is fine for me and being officially Google I'm sure this will start getting various accessories like docks and such. The price just can't be argued with.

EDIT: Oh dear, I've just gone and done it... I may not have testicles by this time next month

Sod it, I think I'm going to pre-order one of these, I recently got my GF an Iconia A200 and I've been toying with getting myself a tab. 7" is fine for me and being officially Google I'm sure this will start getting various accessories like docks and such. The price just can't be argued with.

EDIT: Oh dear, I've just gone and done it... I may not have testicles by this time next month
There bloody well better be a dock what were the designers thinking.

It has dock connectors on one edge, they must have something in the pipe

Back