Atari 8 bit Emulator

lordbobjones

One of my all time fav games for the Atari 800 was SSI's Cosmic Balance.

Unfortunately I have not been able to get it to run on the Pandora's Atari 800 emu. I may have found a work around (I think) but I cannot figure out if the "F8" function key is functional. Apparently this version of the emulator does not emulate the Pokey timer correctly but F8 brings us a screen where you can change the timer.

Basically what I need to do is run the game and then hit F8 to change the Pokey timer interrupt to "C 10 40 cont" But I cannot seem to get the screen to come up. Any suggestions?

It is interesting that the 8bit Atari emulator on the Android (Droid 800) runs Cosmic Balance without any trouble.

Thanks for any help.

I know this is a stupid question, but just to cover all bases, is this not working when you hold the "Fn" key and press F8?

Nope, and I would not consider that a stupid question :lol:

Does it work for others? Just curious...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying that from the top of my head (I can't check it right now), but I think that the Atari800 emu from zx-81 has additional options. When you are in the emu menu, there is an extra menu item bringing a lot of options like disk management and other things. You can navigate though it with L/R and the button simulation the space bar. I think I saw an option about Pokey emulation, so maybe it might fix your original problem?

I notice when you load some roms you get the blue screen and "ready" with the cursor

blinking. It there something else I must do to get the rom to load? I have used this

emulator before on my Atari ST and PC a LONG time ago and I seem to remember there

is somthing I must do, but I have forgotten. Anyone else know???

Back