Atari St Emu Question

dochuge

Still Fresh
Hey Guys,

I'm really close to using Outcast but can't seem to get to that final step.

1) I made a roms/atari-st folder

2) I've placed the proper tos.rom in that very folder

3) I have placed an atari-st rom in the same folder

I get to the disk manager and I hit "insert into Drive A" and hit start, it tells me that it's FIRING up the emulator!....and then I'm stuck, I get a white screen that says I'm free of viruses....

Now when I hit disk manager I get a whole bunch of options from control modes to resetting the atarist and I don't know how to launch the game. I'm so close, sorry I never owned an atarist before.

You are on the crack/intro screen, on the amiga you had to press a mouse button... try mouse, keyboard etc.

Thanks for the help,

I just think its incompatible with outcast. Other roms work great, others work but without any sound.

Post the name of the game/rom, I or someone else can check it out.

Sometimes other rom versions will work, e.g. try finding the game in the Automation catalog they are usually the most reliable.

Yeah, Outcast seems very hit or miss. Some games work great with sound, some load and work with no sound, some don't load at all. Seems to be about 1/3, 1/3, and 1/3. Small sample size, about 15 games so far. I may play some of these on my PC using a PC emu to see its the roms or the outcast emu that is unstable. When it works, it's terrific.

Back