Atari-st Outcast And Tv-out

pubzombie

hi folks,
i am running outcast -latest version - with tot.rom1.2 uk version. everything is groovy till i go tv-out. I just get half a screen - the left side. trying to change screen aspect seems to do nothing. Io live in pal land - is that anything to do with it.
apart from steep learning curve -which is good for me but not my wage packet - due to my noobness i am absolutely gob smacked at this little machine, thanx to all you out there who are developing and tweaking
cheers guys

I'll hopefuilly fix it whenever I get an f200; my GP2X mk1 has a bad TV-out so I can't get it to work anywhere to work on it :/ Should be a quick fix once I get something.

jeff

skeezix said:
I'll hopefuilly fix it whenever I get an f200; my GP2X mk1 has a bad TV-out so I can't get it to work anywhere to work on it :/ Should be a quick fix once I get something.

jeff
wow thanx dude - i can seem to squeeze extra performance out of some games by running the atari st game over amiga version and vice versa, i was wondering whether atari st emu would give a better tv out picture/positioning over amiga on certain games.
cheers jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have my GP2X to check, but I'm almost sure I've used OutcaST successfully on my tv using the tv-out fixer utility. Like I say, can't test to check, but someone around here may know. And if not, it'll only take a couple of minutes to give it a try - search TV-out fixer in the archive.

macgyver61 said:
I don't have my GP2X to check, but I'm almost sure I've used OutcaST successfully on my tv using the tv-out fixer utility. Like I say, can't test to check, but someone around here may know. And if not, it'll only take a couple of minutes to give it a try - search TV-out fixer in the archive.
tried tv fix utility on f200 and outcast and it splits the screen into to halves with an image on each. all new variation of splitscreen gaming :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my memory isn't accurate then...I could've sworn it worked for me...sorry about that...if you can see two complete images and proportions aren't crazy I suppose it might still be of some use, but probably pretty damned distracting in an action game.

Maybe I got some cardboard and covered half the screen and my mind has blocked it out in embarrassment...

Back