Atari U.S. Operations File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Atari has been nothing more than a brand name sold from company to company for many years now. The brand itself has most likely been losing the last remains of its marketing pull..

Atari IS still alive ? I thought the commercial failure that was the jaguar turned them into a ghost .

I just like Atari because all D&D digital games, come from her, OK, OK, i will never accept the new neverwinter night with perfect world engine (blargdik).

Let's go see what happen. =)

MarTinazzI

Infogrames re branded themselves as atari, at least in some territories. last i heard nolan bushnell was back running what was left of the company, mainly releasing old atari stuff on xboxlive etc.

Well if they pull through, It might be an idea to come up with a Kickstarter for a new modern game. Perhaps a modern remake of a 2600 game but with 3d graphics etc.

The modern remake of Pitfall for smartphones seems to be successful.  I think they would have no trouble getting backers for a project to do a modern game.

The logo will always work on clothing.

Eeh.. remember the days when just hearing their name would be sensory overload!

Here's an idea.

Run a Kickstarter with the express intent to purchase as much of their back catalog as possible through the bankruptcy with the express intent to release it as open source.

Do they own the Neverwinter Nights source code or would that reside with Bioware?

Back