Attn: OPT and devs

Nardella

When I think of this project, of the Pandora I am sometimes reminded of the following video. The feelings I get when I read your blog and news posts are often the same as what I get when I watch this video.

Some might say that comparing the Pandora to the project featured in this video is inaccurate. I believe you (OPT and Devs) can prove them wrong; I believe that the Pandora has the same potential as this did.

OPT and developers; thanks very much for your hard work. When you get down or need motivation, watch this video and remember that some of us think that you are doing something just as epic.

The 3 minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/u404SLJj7ig?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
How awesome would it be if the Pandora blew up just like Mozilla? It would totally kick ass if like 20k people suddenly wanted one. I hope that the OPT would get proper funding then.

Heaving a book or a documentry like that about the pandora one day would be definitly awesome.

Yes, I think what we achieved is something very special and unusual these days.

There aren't many devices which don't have a big company with huge amounts of money behind them.

It's really wearing you out, but it's also great to see how you guys who already got one unit are loving and enjoying it.

There are times where I wish we had a big sponsor or investor - it would make some things more easy. You could order stuff you need in advance, continue to work on improving things like the case, etc., which all costs money...

But on the other side: It wouldn't be so special if investors would be involved... it would be different.

Here we are, trying to build as many as fast we can, trying to handle everything with the money that's there and staying in direct contact with you.

While the outcome still is unknown, it'll probably be the biggest thing in my whole life.

Yes, I think what we achieved is something very special and unusual these days.

There aren't many devices which don't have a big company with huge amounts of money behind them.

It's really wearing you out, but it's also great to see how you guys who already got one unit are loving and enjoying it.

There are times where I wish we had a big sponsor or investor - it would make some things more easy. You could order stuff you need in advance, continue to work on improving things like the case, etc., which all costs money...

But on the other side: It wouldn't be so special if investors would be involved... it would be different.

Here we are, trying to build as many as fast we can, trying to handle everything with the money that's there and staying in direct contact with you.

While the outcome still is unknown, it'll probably be the biggest thing in my whole life.
Are you sure you can't get investments though yet retain full control?

As in a, "you invest but you don't get any say". I was offered one of those investment schemes the other day at my bank (IE. to invest money but I obviously wouldn't have a say)

As in a, "you invest but you don't get any say". I was offered one of those investment schemes the other day at my bank (IE. to invest money but I obviously wouldn't have a say)
There's lots of options to invest in a company and retain control. Bonds and preferred stock are the simplest, but a lawyer can really draw up any contract with whatever clauses they want and try to convince people it's a good deal.

I think it's the think most wired about pandora, some sell it on ebay, but the most part of owner love it, and, looks like passionate by the pandora.

Are sad when he have to RMA it, mad when waiting for it (i'm in this case ^^ ).

But, it's look like pandora do something to each geek sleeping (or not sleeping :) ) in our body

There's lots of options to invest in a company and retain control. Bonds and preferred stock are the simplest, but a lawyer can really draw up any contract with whatever clauses they want and try to convince people it's a good deal.

Well, that's true, but unfortunately not that easy.

Remember when Craig asked here if people would invest?

He checked with his lawyers, and it needs a LOT of paperwork - as far as I remember, he even would need to change the type of the company, which also wouldn't be easy.

And it's very hard finding a NORMAL investor who'd invest much money into such a small project, where he probably wouldn't get much money back.

although from what i remember, there was a 5 page thread full of people willing to drop the minimum of one K the day this got started. of course more consideration was necessary so people understood the deal, but a lot of people were very interested w/o having virtually any say in the project

Back