Audiorace 1.5

crow_riot

I've just uploaded a new version of Audiorace to the file archive!

Update introduces new effects when picking up capsules or hitting mines.
The starfield was drastically improved and streak bonus points were added:
Get 5% of the capsules without missing one or hitting a mine and get 500 bonus
points!

audiorace-v1.5.png

Since no crashes/problems were reported in the beta thread, this is exactly the version posted there - no need to download again if you have this version already

archive download link: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,37,386 (you know, it takes time to get the update approval!)
alternative download link: http://katzl.riot.org/wiz/audiorace-v1.5.zip

thanks! :)

pandora... i don't have one and didn't order one. but i'm thinking to get one since a long time now, but didn't because i wanted to see how everything turns out.

maybe i find someone who's willing/capable of doing the port (and not sharing the source). the game/engine was designed to be platform independent (mostly), i got the same thing running on windows and one the wiz at the same time. so i think it wouldnt be very difficult ...

oh well, i just sent out an email to ED for second batch preordering. yay! :)

crow_riot said:

pandora... i don't have one and didn't order one. but i'm thinking to get one since a long time now, but didn't because i wanted to see how everything turns out.

maybe i find someone who's willing/capable of doing the port (and not sharing the source). the game/engine was designed to be platform independent (mostly), i got the same thing running on windows and one the wiz at the same time. so i think it wouldnt be very difficult ...

the main problem with the pandora is the opengl support, but it has openglES 2.0 so should be fine, any chance of getting a copy of the source to work with?

Last edited by a moderator:
darfgarf said:
crow_riot said:

the main problem with the pandora is the opengl support, but it has openglES 2.0 so should be fine, any chance of getting a copy of the source to work with?

the wiz has opengles 1.1, so it should be easy to port the renderer side? i dont know but 2.0 hardware is still able to do 1.1 if the driver supports it?

crow_riot said:
the wiz has opengles 1.1, so it should be easy to port the renderer side? i dont know but 2.0 hardware is still able to do 1.1 if the driver supports it?

should be backwards compatible yes, other than that i'm guessing it shouldn't be much harder than just hitting build and waiting (of course there's the resolution change, and button mappings, but those are pretty trivial)

edit: according to wiki, es2.0 isn't backwards compatible for various reasons, so it would probably need a little rewriting

darfgarf said:
crow_riot said:

should be backwards compatible yes, other than that i'm guessing it shouldn't be much harder than just hitting build and waiting (of course there's the resolution change, and button mappings, but those are pretty trivial)

edit: according to wiki, es2.0 isn't backwards compatible for various reasons, so it would probably need a little rewriting

from what i just googled, the pandora supports 1.1, you just need to aquire the context with the correct version set.

http://pandorawiki.org/Combining_OpenGL_ES_1.1_and_SDL_to_create_a_window_on_the_Pandora

so there's almost "nothing" to do, just the initialization might be a little different for the windows/fullscreen and whatnot modes :)

Back