Beta Audiorace 1.5

crow_riot

so ...

with the help of several kind people, i was able to port audiorace to the pandora. i've revamped the interface that it fits nicely into the 800x480 screen, changed the input code, the renderer backend and what not ;) one screen is not resized yet, but it doesn't impact anything .... i'll add that asap (if this version was at least succesfully started on the pandora :) )

this is NOT a PND yet! it's just the executable with hopefully all required data inside.

i've implemented DPAD control, keyboard or nubs are not supported yet.

it would be great if someone could give it a try on the pandora... http://katzl.riot.org/pnd/beta/audiorace-1.5-pnd.zip

it logs to stderr/stdout, so if it works or not, i'd be great to get the output.

keep in mind that i don't have pandora to test, so dont be harsh if it doesnt work. I'm trying to order one ATM, but it's not that easy ;)

Here is the WIZ entry, so you'll know a bit more about this game.
gamescreen-v1.5-2.png

@crow_riot : that's look cool, will play when in PND form (in a few hours I guess:D). And add these thing to your next port thread, you'll please peeps here ;)

thx :)

i plan to update the graphics, too, that they look more crisp. just read that the pandora allows textures up to 2048, so enough space for better images ;)

oh and i could use more features of the hardware, too.
the wiz had only supported the gles common-lite profile besides some other limitations that hindered me to add features i wanted (e.g. the mine's glow should be blinking) ...

Hi there. Thanks for working on this. Looks cool. I started it on the Pandora, and it is windowed right now. Also I don't know which button is supposed to be start. I couldn't get past the first screen. When I switch to fullscreen manually I get some flickering parts on the screen.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to try a more functional version.

mcobit said:
Hi there. Thanks for working on this. Looks cool. I started it on the Pandora, and it is windowed right now. Also I don't know which button is supposed to be start. I couldn't get past the first screen. When I switch to fullscreen manually I get some flickering parts on the screen.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to try a more functional version.

hey at least it starts - that's some good news then ... the start button is in the middle of the dpad buttons ? isn't that "start" ?

from looking at the sources ... it's just "pnd_evdev_start" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
if you don't want to download the whole package again - i've uploaded an updated version my framework lib here:

http://katzl.riot.org/pnd/beta/libLibertine.so

maybe that fixes the fullscreen problem. not sure.

i cant get it to run it shows
Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libLibertine.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

when i run ./audiorace
the liblibertine.so nd all folders are there any idea

So excited, Can't wait to play it,

THANKS FOR THE PORT!!!

Edit:
I ended up having to copy libLibertine.so to /usr/lib for it to be used. None of the normal LD_PRELOAD=$PWD/libLibertine.so ./audiorace worked.

Also, had to chmod +x audiorace.

Running here, nice splash screen, when fullscreen actually doesn't cover entire screen, looks like it is missing 20pixels on the bottom. Cursor causes ugly box in its position.

Cant find the start key here either, and did try all of them.

Let me know if you want help making a pnd or testing more.

Also, libLibertine.so in the pnd.zip and in the direct download link are the same copy, they have the same md5sum versions.

Did you mean to upload a different version than the one in the audiorace-1.5-pnd.zip?

ok thanks guys for testing... i'll fiddle around a bit more and will let you know of any further updates :)

still don't get why the start button dnw ... does any of the other buttons work?
* pressing the left shoulder button should show a help screen
* pressing the right shoulder button should show FPS

ok. i think i at least found the input bug ...
note to myself: follow skeezix guidelines closely ;)

... just forgot to call pnd_evdev_catchup ... hope this fixes it... updated the framework again ...

framework download: http://katzl.riot.org/pnd/beta/libLibertine.so

thanks again.

Unfortunately it chases with the following error now:

Code:
---- START  (BUILD: Feb  8 2011 / 22:16:24) ----
[D] main {
[D] System(Pnd)::Init.
[D] program-top
[D] App::Init
[D] RenderPndGL::Init
./audiorace: symbol lookup error: /tmp/audiorace-1.5-pnd/libLibertine.so: undefined symbol: _Z20PNDGLES_InitVideoX11iii

Ok, now the error is gone, but it hangs at startup at line:
Code:
[D] Texture: Format=0x190a W=256 H=64

When I press ctrl it shows this line and hangs again:
Code:
[D] FileBrowser::RebuildFileList

Maybe the program runs, but doesn't display anything?

with the astonishing help of mcobit, his pandora and vnc i was finally able to iron out some problems. at least it starts, the dpad works as it should, window is now fullscreen and the cursor hidden.

it's still not perfect yet, because there seems to be a z-buffer bug (inverted z buffer?) in the gles lib. i've read about that somewhere here, but can't recall it now, if someone could point me to the right direction?

thanks mcobit!

Code:
because there seems to be a z-buffer bug (inverted z buffer?) in the gles lib. i've read about that somewhere here, but can't recall it now, if someone could point me to the right direction?

Have a look here, sebt3 had the same problem with tuxrace:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57209-tuxrace/

mcobit said:
Code:
because there seems to be a z-buffer bug (inverted z buffer?) in the gles lib. i've read about that somewhere here, but can't recall it now, if someone could point me to the right direction?

Have a look here, sebt3 had the same problem with tuxrace:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57209-tuxrace/

thanks.

i've maybe found that bug; i had EGL_DEPTH_SIZE set to EGL_DONT_CARE ... which probably returns a context WITHOUT having an actual z-buffer. set that to 24 now and uploaded it again.

That solved it. Plays perfectly now without any stutter.
Now the only thing, that has to be implemented is the keyboard and that when there is written "press Start" you have to press select actually.
The bug, where the Pandorabutton opened the start menu after quitting the game seems to be non persitend, as it didn't do it, when I tried it with the lastes build.
Maybe you can leave this in.

Thank you again for your great work! If you want me to package this into a pnd just say so.

Back