Bad connection on usb port.

Dionysus

Still Fresh
Hi. My pandora has developed an issue. Whenever the usb plug in the port is touched at all it loses the connection. Its certainly the port because it does it with every plug and device Ive tried. How easy is it to fix this? Is it just a case of unscrewing and re soldering or is it more serious than that?

Also, I use the usb for a hard drive and it needs usb host enabled to work. I have a usb to mini usb adapter so could use that but it wont work at all. Is there any way I can solve this by just using the mini usb?

Thanks for any help. :)

I'm 99X sure it can be solved by removing the backside and carefully resoldering the USB Port.

You don't even need to remove the PCB to do that.

I have exactly the same issue. As I have no experience soldering electronics, my solution for the time being is to use an elastic band to hold the USB device or cable secure in the port.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I have exactly the same issue. As I have no experience soldering electronics, my solution for the time being is to use an elastic band to hold the USB device or cable secure in the port.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I don't have much experience either. I'll have to find some old boards to practice on before trying it. Shouldn't be too difficult from what I remember from doing it in school.

Here is how I fixed a loose solderjoint on the shoulderbuttons.

The same technique should be appliable to your usbportproblem as well:

Back