Bad Service

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 23 2006 at 05:52 AM said:
The people whom were called idiots in this thread, are idiots. :)
Here is an idea- why don't you head over to the Nintendo forums? I don't have a problem with the standard of conversation here in general, just a few little kiddies like yourself- the "daclassicgamingmaster"!

We still have a difference of opinion. I was not the only one to call you a fanboy. You called me a fanboy for merely arguing that threads like this are an overreaction to an already miniscule problem. I also never ever blamed the consumers.

This is my last contribution to this thread merely because you are simply incapable of taking part in sensible debate. But I'm sure you will assume it's because I know I am wrong, and a "faggot".

Last edited by a moderator:
but you are wrong, even from a consumer point of view, if you bought something, and it was faulty, what would you do? You'd return it for another one. Try going to your local department store, buying anything, bring it home and find its defective, and then go try to return it only to be told, "sure you can exchange it, but that will be $50", you'd be pretty upset. its the same thing, its a slap in the face to consumers and it made Nintendo look bad which is why according to DCGM they're repairing them for free as they should. if it was a problem of them being handled rough, then NO they shouldn't repair them for free, but Nintendo admitted the potential for the problem and admitted the problem existed, the crack is in the same place on all the units from what is being reported.

declaration posted on Jul 23 2006 at 08:02 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 23 2006 at 05:52 AM said:
The people whom were called idiots in this thread, are idiots. :)
Here is an idea- why don't you head over to the Nintendo forums? I don't have a problem with the standard of conversation here in general, just a few little kiddies like yourself- the "daclassicgamingmaster"!

We still have a difference of opinion. I was not the only one to call you a fanboy. You called me a fanboy for merely arguing that threads like this are an overreaction to an already miniscule problem. I also never ever blamed the consumers.

This is my last contribution to this thread merely because you are simply incapable of taking part in sensible debate. But I'm sure you will assume it's because I know I am wrong, and a "faggot".
You're undermining the problem. It doesnt matter how big or small it is, it's a problem.

And no, you weren't the one to blame the consumers, it was psymastr. But I expect no less from him, he's always been a ninty fanboy.

DemonStar55 posted on Jul 23 2006 at 05:12 PM said:
oh em gee

WHO CARES

stop bickering, it's pointless, they are repairing it for free now, arguing should have stopped

i quite agree, Nintendo realized their mistake and has fixed it. It is just amazing what you see though. which is why i love these forums, an obvious business mistake, but people come to defend so quick, but you know damn well if it happened to them they wouldn't pay $50 they'd want a new unit, or if it was any company other than Nintendo there wouldn't be an arguement, they'd take the product back to exchange. :p

Angel posted on Jul 20 2006 at 02:46 PM said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6154389.html

I couldn't believe it that faulty product and Nintendo is going to charge $50 to fix it. Its Nintendo's own fault and they are going to charge!!! If the number is as low as they claim it to be, it wouldn't hurt them at all to repair them for free unless the problem is more widespread than they claim it to be.

Angel, life sometimes makes a complete circle, isn't it? :p

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=23688&hl=

In the above thread, Angel said:

"again, never had a problem with Sony products. Got a Sony TV, DVD player, my original PS2 from when they were released, PSP, all working fine without problem.

Anything electrical, mechanical, has the possibility to fail, regardless of how well made the item is, granted some companies are better than other, but NO company has a 0% fail rate on any of their product. All you hear about is the negative. If Sony made 10,000,000 cameras and 100 broke, you always hear about how shitty they are but yet you almost have a better chance hitting a cash 5 lotto than getting a broken camera."

"i'm not defending anything, i'm just saying, some companies are worse than others, Yes sony has some crappy products but not all of them are bad. If your going to bash sony for having some stuff that breaks than bash every other company out there as well, don't just focus on Sony, which everybody does. I'm sure Panasonic, Phillips, Magnavox, Fujifilms, all have product that have had some defective units, but because their not sony you don't hear about it. God people need to get over it. If you don't like Sony, don't buy their products, its that easy."

"wtf dude, why you got to be a crying ass? Just because my PS2 is perfectly fine doesn't mean you got to get shitty with me, christ what the hell is your problem. Its like you want Sony to fail,who gives a flying fuck, whats your agenda? Get a life and don't buy Sony products if you have such a god damn problem with Sony, its that fricking easy moron."

daclassicgamingmaster helped a bit also:
"seriously codeninja fuck off. Sony is fine. Just b/c your had bad experiences with them means nothing. Stop fucking ragging on them and stop trying to convince others that they suck. Me, angel and Sony all have working sony products. Get over it already"

How does it feel like to be on the other end of the table, guys?

so i emailed nintendo and i got this:

Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

Please send your DS to the Service Centre at the address below and they will be able
to sort it out for you.

Please make sure that your full name and address details are included in the package
together with your cheque made payable to 'Codestorm re Nintendo' for £25.25. This
price is fully inclusive of return p&p and VAT. We will replace the unit for a new
one and issue a new warranty on it from the date of the replacement.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

what a rip off :( :( :(

itsme posted on Jul 24 2006 at 12:09 PM said:

I couldn't believe it that faulty product and Nintendo is going to charge $50 to fix it. Its Nintendo's own fault and they are going to charge!!! If the number is as low as they claim it to be, it wouldn't hurt them at all to repair them for free unless the problem is more widespread than they claim it to be.

"again, never had a problem with Sony products. Got a Sony TV, DVD player, my original PS2 from when they were released, PSP, all working fine without problem.

Anything electrical, mechanical, has the possibility to fail, regardless of how well made the item is, granted some companies are better than other, but NO company has a 0% fail rate on any of their product. All you hear about is the negative. If Sony made 10,000,000 cameras and 100 broke, you always hear about how shitty they are but yet you almost have a better chance hitting a cash 5 lotto than getting a broken camera."

"i'm not defending anything, i'm just saying, some companies are worse than others, Yes sony has some crappy products but not all of them are bad. If your going to bash sony for having some stuff that breaks than bash every other company out there as well, don't just focus on Sony, which everybody does. I'm sure Panasonic, Phillips, Magnavox, Fujifilms, all have product that have had some defective units, but because their not sony you don't hear about it. God people need to get over it. If you don't like Sony, don't buy their products, its that easy."

"wtf dude, why you got to be a crying ass? Just because my PS2 is perfectly fine doesn't mean you got to get shitty with me, christ what the hell is your problem. Its like you want Sony to fail,who gives a flying fuck, whats your agenda? Get a life and don't buy Sony products if you have such a god damn problem with Sony, its that fricking easy moron."

"seriously codeninja fuck off. Sony is fine. Just b/c your had bad experiences with them means nothing. Stop fucking ragging on them and stop trying to convince others that they suck. Me, angel and Sony all have working sony products. Get over it already"

Im not on the other end of the table. In fact, I really don't have any idea what you're talking about.

CUPC4KES posted on Jul 24 2006 at 01:46 PM said:

Please send your DS to the Service Centre at the address below and they will be able
to sort it out for you.

Please make sure that your full name and address details are included in the package
together with your cheque made payable to 'Codestorm re Nintendo' for £25.25. This
price is fully inclusive of return p&p and VAT. We will replace the unit for a new

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

o_O!!! I was wrong! They ARENT repairing them for free! LOL.

itsme posted on Jul 24 2006 at 04:09 PM said:

i don't understand what your getting at. Yes every product will have its few that are defective, but at least i could take the Sony stuff back to the store to exchange it without paying $50. Thats the point.

I've never had a problem with Sony stuff, i've never had a problem with Nintendo stuff.

CUPC4KES posted on Jul 24 2006 at 06:46 PM said:

to sort it out for you.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

Complain until your brain melts and your eyes fall out.

As much as I love Nintendo, I have to admit that charging for repair of defective-at-purchase products is a severe injustice. It's also an obvious breach of UK Trading Standards, as the Lite is obviously not fit for purpose.

i replied asking exactly what i would be paying £25.25 for, i dont mind paying postage either way but im not happy paying that much to have something replaced that is their fault, at least theyre willing to replace my japanese machine which i didnt think they would. im off to email trading standards now.

Exibit A: A consumer whom this injustice has directly affected. How do you feel about this cupc4kes? Do you agree with psymastr that it's really YOUR fault? That YOU aren't using it properly?

lol. Nintendo is well on it's way to having a bad rep like sony. muahahahaha.

I would think that the UK trade standards people would only care about a defect that damages the function of the product. Again, this is a cosmetic issue, which I would think is (or at least should) be in a different category altogether.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 24 2006 at 08:58 PM said:

nope, nintendo doesn't have as many products as sony, they don't have the cameras, recorders, stereos, tv's, dvd players, or a hundred other products nor the potential for problems to arise with having a company that produces as much product as sony. But i'm just a Sony fanboy, what do i know :p

Angel posted on Jul 24 2006 at 10:47 PM said:

nope, nintendo doesn't have as many products as sony, they don't have the cameras, recorders, stereos, tv's, dvd players, or a hundred other products nor the potential for problems to arise with having a company that produces as much product as sony. But i'm just a Sony fanboy, what do i know :p
yeah, I have an mp3 cd player from sony and it sucks, the display just randomly gets fucked up like being inverted or backwards or just jambled

Angel posted on Jul 24 2006 at 10:47 PM said:

Yeah you're just opening yourself up to people like declaration who would reply with something like this:

"you wont even admit sony is a shit company with shit products and they don't give a shit about their consumers like nintendo, who of course would repair any REAL problem if anything of the sort were to arise.

You're such a sony fanboy"

How's that impression? :lol:

if you look hard enough, any company can be a shit company, my company makes its share of mistakes and has some product defects from time to time, thats the nature of a company with physical product. No matter how well something is made, you'll always have someone that buys the 1 that is bad. But its how you fix the problem that reflects back to the company.

Back