Basic Open2x Questions

Good to hear. :)

I guess I no longer need to downgrade my firmware; I can wait. Looking forward to the public release for the F-200 version.

Good work, and good luck with the moving.

Orkie said:
DR4 is out now, so if this pretty much 'just' works the public release will be out at the end of next week (though I am moving into university on the 20th, so I can't guarantee it yet).
Does this include a binary that I can flash straight into memory or do I need to compile the firmware myself?
I'm looking for a compiled version of the firmware I can use.

THanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly wouldn't expect anybody to assemble the firmware themselves given how much of a pain some of it has been to put together :p.

I'm still waiting for the binary version (ready to flash).
I hope it will be released soon

I got the DR4 open2x from orkie. But where should I send bug reports? IRC doesn't seem appropriate cause I don't know if its been reported before.
Anyway here are some problems I had:
1) As pointed out by Orkie, mp3 stutters. I need to play mine at 250MHz so that it doesn't
2) screen shifts sometimes, happens during mplayer and also gmenu2x
3) TV-out shows double image (two overlapped images) (The image becomes one if you run something else and quit back to gmenu2x, but screen is cropped)
4) TV-out does not switch back to LCD
5) if i try to chroot to lenny debian on reiserfs /dev/sda1, I get a FATAL:kernel too old. (I'll try etch instead edit: etch with ext2 works)
6) /etc/mtab has huge number of entries - are they necessary?
7) The issue of multiple network interfaces showing up whenever the device is rebooted/power-cycled is due to the g_ether driver randomly setting the host and device mac addresses. This problem is remedied by passing the same host and device mac addresses during the modprobe of g_ether. For example: modprobe g_ether host_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:eb dev_addr=46:0d:9e:67:69:ec
8) can't ftp to gp2x (ps shows bftpd -d is running, everytime I try to ftp, ps shows a new process [bftpd] is setup) EDIT: ftp://root@192.168.2.2 works
9) gateway not set (need to do: route add default gw 192.168.2.1 usb0 - put this i Ousbnet)
10) dns (ping: bad address 'www.google.com') even after modifying resolv.conf
11) no samba server?

Basilisk2 seems to work well compiled with dynamic libs. external USB mouse and keyboard works as well.

Back