batch 1 order status?

nonchip

Still Fresh
Hi, i preordered a Pandora (batch 1) in 2010, and because this CircuitCo trouble makes me somehow nervous, i asked (via email to openpandorasales@googlemail.com) for my order's status (about 2 weeks ago), but didn't get a response yet, are they just busy, or did the email adress change?

also i didn't quite understand that "premium upgrade" you offered, so was my order maybe "moved" to batch 2 because of others buying that upgrade?

thanks in advance.

Edit:

i didn't post my order number here, cause i don't know if someone could "steal" my order using it, but i sent it in the email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I'm not an official rep, but I can clarify some points for you.

- The CircuitCo problems slow things down a lot but they don't put your order in danger. It has just meant that everyone has to wait (much) longer for delivery.

- The gmail addresses are still valid AFAIK, but the people answering them don't seem to be handling the volume of email very well.

- The 'premium upgrades' effectively allowed people to jump the queue. If you didn't upgrade, your queue position in batch 1 is maintained - albeit bumped back x positions by the premium upgrade folk. (I guess in theory you could be bumped back to batch 2 if >1,000 new customers made premium orders, but nothing like that happened.)

What would be interesting to know is the futute of batch 1 orders.

Is there a rough timeline that can give anyone of us waiting a estimate of when we can expect to receive out Pandora (based on que number)?

There was some talk about some possible hardware upgrades in future productions. Im a bit confused if this will happen for real or if it was just someone "thinking loud". But if its the case:

Will all batch 1 orders be the same specification?

Will there be an offer to existing batch 1 waiters to upgrade their order to an upgraded version?

After all, after waiting more that two years for my purchase I must admit I am a bit less exited about the hardware specifications now than I was at the time of ordering, so an upgrade would be a good option.

This offer should also include some information about when to expect these units to ship.

Hardware is not going to be upgraded.

I've bought one on ebay (would rather recommend you not to do so, new devices should be of better quality, seriously), and speaking of hardware, I'd say the hardware performance is decent and the device can run games, browser and multimedia apps pretty smooth.

Unfortunately there is no real way of estimating delivery time at the moment, with Circuit Co. being ridiculously unreliable with delivery estimates. Hopefully when ED has managed to procure some investors then the German production company will kick into gear and the remaining batch 1 orders (I think I remember somewhere there being around 1000 batch 1 orders remaining) will be delivered.

So at the moment we are really waiting for investors to provide enough capital to allow production in Germany to begin.

The German production company is expected to start in about 3-4 months.

CC currently ships about 25+ boards per week.

With ~1000 boards of batch 1 remaining, in 4 months they will roughly be halfway through this final 1000 by the time production in Germany starts.

I expect batch 1 to be completely finished somewhere in February 2012.

After this the German company should be able to ramp up production pretty fast.

So batch 2 could be finished next summer.

Btw, if you ordered in 2010 you are probably near the end of batch 1. So don't expect before New Years.

According to Evil Dragon's business plan, simplified, he sees production starting at the new factory in time to produce 1000 parts in December or January, and then 1000 parts every 2 or 3 months, more if the demand is high enough.

It's unfortunate it'll take 2 months for the new company to start on Pandora boards, but unless CC picks up the pace and actually produces what they're being paid to produce there isn't much that can be done about it.

Btw, if you ordered in 2010 you are probably near the end of batch 1. So don't expect before New Years.

I ordered in march 2009, so I hope I'm closer to the delivery.

I was never given an exact que number, but got this reply from Jacquelyn in november 2010:

"Your approximate queue position is 1850 - 1950 and estimate it will be despatched in December. You will receive a confirmation of shipping email on the day it is sent."

If there are about 1000 left of batch 1, how many was there in total in batch 1? 2500?

Then I could know aprox. how far I got left.

If the supply from cc is more or less stable at 25 boards each week, that should be about 350 before new year. Given that this is 25 working ones each week.

If there's one thing I learned reading these forums it's that it is pretty much impossible to make any estimates using the queue numbers by now. First of all because there are two queues (ED's and Craig's), then there have been the premium-orders, people have canceled orders and CC sends boards in unpredictable amounts per month (if any).

So if I tell you, that there have been around 3500 preorders in total, that still leaves you with nothing but the fact that dreamer gave you the most reliable estimate there is at the moment.

Not that it means any difference, but how can I tell which cue I am in? My only contact have been Jacquelyn by the openpandorasales@gmail.com adress.

^ If you're in contact with Jacquelyn, that means you're in Craig's queue. She's part of his company.

Also try to remember that queue position does not equal panda no. as many people earlier in the queue may have ordered multiple units.

Back