Batch 2 Release Date

midna25

Due to reasons beyond my control, I couldn't order a Pandora from the first batch. I know it's a little early to ask, as the 1st batch isn't even out yet, but when do you think the second batch will arrive? I'm ordering the moment I can.

No clue. If no problems arise, they'll take preorders for the second batch almost immediately, to get things rolling ASAP.

But the earliest the second batch could arrive is August. September/October is more likely.

If you're ordering soon, you should email them to see if they have any leftovers from the first batch. ( openpandorasales@gmail.com ? ) I know they're keeping a bunch on hand in case any are defective.

No clue. If no problems arise, they'll take preorders for the second batch almost immediately, to get things rolling ASAP.
But the earliest the second batch could arrive is August. September/October is more likely.

If you're ordering soon, you should email them to see if they have any leftovers from the first batch. ( openpandorasales@gmail.com ? ) I know they're keeping a bunch on hand in case any are defective.

Those "situations" were my parents being unwilling to let me order from the first batch. Maybe they thought it was vaporware.

By September would be awesome. I want it for the start of school. (I'll be careful. It won't get stolen.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Those "situations" were my parents being unwilling to let me order from the first batch. Maybe they thought it was vaporware.

By September would be awesome. I want it for the start of school. (I'll be careful. It won't get stolen.)

sorry, by september is more likely for first batch october is more realistic.

LOL. Being on this site so long has turned you into a pessimist. July is a realistic estimate. That's been officially announced. (I know about the delays. I've been on the scene since the very first announcement.)

LOL. Being on this site so long has turned you into a pessimist. July is a realistic estimate. That's been officially announced. (I know about the delays. I've been on the scene since the very first announcement.)

no, july is out. august is reality now, it's always two months remember? and after shipping... it should get here in september, best possible scenario

I've been on here for a few months, and I think we should all know better than to get excited because Craigix is "prepared to say July".

I bet Craigix is even prepared for an invasion of Chuck Norris zombies. Doesn't mean I need to worry about.
I'm also waiting for the second batch, hopefully I can get one before summer's over... Or before winter break.. or spring semester... At least before I graduate in another year and a half.

I can't recall on what thread it was mentioned, (there have been so many...) but they said after the first batch is out, it would take 6-8 weeks for the next. Or in about two months™.

I can bet it's August.
For the second batch or the first?

If it's the second batch than that'll be really awkward because it means the second batch may very well arrive BEFORE the first batch.

That will really p*ss the pre-orderers off!

I've been on here for a few months, and I think we should all know better than to get excited because Craigix is "prepared to say July".
I've been betting on July since roughly December. :"] [/quote]45 days for the case moulds... and they haven't started. Also, it's not like the Pandora is teleported to your place once a mould is created. Moulds get made shipped to the assembly center in Texas? (possibly boxed there), sent to ED and Craig, then shipped out.

No July isn't likely. Doubtfull that even August is likely for the middle to end of the pre-order group (even unlikely for any of the pre order group).

roughly .... estimate

First Batch - Mid Aug/Sept 2009 (with all impending tasks/FCC testing, etc)
Second Batch Orders commencing sometime around August 2009
Second Batch shipping October/November 2009 (Get first batch completed and iron out any tweaks/dodgy first run machines)

It's all conjecture until we see a final prototype devs are happy with - at present you would lean to trust some more than others - but heck it is all coming together and maybe in July we will see something concrete

So why wait for the 2nd batch? Why not order as soon as the first batch starts shipping, and there are enough reviews for it to look real? 2nd batch will be minimum 4 months after 1st, I'd guess. It could be longer, and we don't know when the first batch will appear yet. Until the orders are placed for components, the leadtimes are guesswork.

Hmmm, isn't the first run of final production pandoras (100 units) due in mid-july? I doubt all 4000 1st batchers will receive their pandas in July.

I've been banking on November for a few months now, but earlier is fine by me, as that's when I'll be getting mine :)

Back