The Second Batch

goldbott

Still Fresh
Well I know that I'm jumping the gun here but I can't seem to get any updated information on the planned release of the second batch of pandoras. I wanted to pre-order one from the first batch but I just didn't have the cash so I'm going to get in a pre-order for the second. When I looked at the FAQ it said that the second batch might be around july 2010 ("The second batch is expected in 2010 (at least 28 weeks after the first)"). I've heard that some of the first ones will be in some stores as well but judging by the fact that the pre-orders are sold out I'd say theirs not much hope there (and mark-up from demand may put the price up there a bit).

There will likely be more information about the second batch after the first one ships.
Right now OP are focusing on getting everything finished up with the first batch.

There will be at least a 28 week delay before any more units can be shipped, because of the lead times on some of the parts.

My guess would be, after the first batch ships, they will start taking pre-orders on the second, but through more official channels this time (gbax etc.)

goldbott said:
judging by the fact that the pre-orders are sold out

You may well still be able to pre-order from the first batch, if you have money to hand. Email openpandorasales@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll shoot them an e-mail and see what they say. If it comes down to it I guess I could wait.

yeah, I just pre-ordered from the first batch, lots of people cancel their order(for one reason or another) every week, so there is a chance that even if you can't pre-order now, you might want to try again in a few weeks. As the guy two posts up said, its openpandorasales@gmail.com
They are very helpful and quite nice :).

Aninhumer said:
There will be at least a 28 week delay before any more units can be shipped, because of the lead times on some of the parts.
Technically, there was a 28 week delay about 8 weeks ago (has it been 8 weeks? My sense of time may be skewed by all these 2 month things).
Craig hinted that they were already ordering the parts with the longest lead time so that the second batch should not be too too long after the first one ships. Certainly not the full six months. As with most things Craig hints at, there's a lot that left to speculation.

Until I can get some money together I'll be waiting for the second batch.
I think the 28 week delay is about correct...

Sounds to be that you'll have to wait a month of Sundays. Still quicker than the two months[sup]tm[/sup]the first batch has taken.

Judging by the demand for these there should be sufficient warrant for a second batch... Though this whole global economic crisis is doing funny things with money. I'd just personally like to know, not necessarily when they'll start the pre-ordering for the second batch, but an assurance that there will BE a second batch. Once all the things that have caused the delays thus far have been worked through and a relationship with the companies involved has been established, it should be easier (and cheaper?) to produce a second batch, so it's kind of pointless to wonder about whether or not it's coming, but still... I haven't been around very much lately, so I don't know if a plan for batch 2 is viable or not.

Maybe I'm just being silly.

Rayek said:
Judging by the demand for these there should be sufficient warrant for a second batch... Though this whole global economic crisis is doing funny things with money. I'd just personally like to know, not necessarily when they'll start the pre-ordering for the second batch, but an assurance that there will BE a second batch. Once all the things that have caused the delays thus far have been worked through and a relationship with the companies involved has been established, it should be easier (and cheaper?) to produce a second batch, so it's kind of pointless to wonder about whether or not it's coming, but still... I haven't been around very much lately, so I don't know if a plan for batch 2 is viable or not.

Maybe I'm just being silly.

Until stated otherwise there will be a second batch. Nothing so far has indicated otherwise.

It's actually possible that it could go up in price as well as down. They may be making it at a loss at the moment. I remember a year ago this was mentioned but a lot may have changed since then.

I wouldn't have thought that the 28weeks is from the release of the first batch, but from when it was first mentioned as it would've been best to place the order for those parts then, as you never know those lead times could actually get longer not shorter. (But they may not have been able to order yet due to other reasons, financial etc)

It would need a DEV to chime in and say second batch is still on schedule for say July 2010, or it's on a sliding timescale.

Back