Second Batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idk761

Still Fresh
I heard that the second batch will be released a couple of months after the first batch, is that true? Or will it be first batch then second batch for sale within weeks?

idk761 said:
I heard that the second batch will be released a couple of months after the first batch, is that true? Or will it be first batch then second batch for sale within weeks?

The second batch isnt expected till spring 2010 from what ive read

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to lead-times on parts and such, it has been said that the second batch will occur in early 2010.

EDIT: Beaten to it! :p

Due to lead-times on parts and manufacturing in addition to time devoted to "promoting the Pandora" and ensuring it is a REAL success (in terms of the quality of end-user experience as well as in sales volumes), it has been said that the second batch cannot occur before 2010, at the earliest.[/quote]

It was said that there would be a period of software dev (I think Craigix, Ed and the other guys what a rest for the hastles) and then the second batch will be looked at.

Are there not still some of the first batch available? Go on! What are you waiting for? Be a rebel and join us early adopters. Smug-gloatiness vs Jealous-envy.

What you get for the commitment is:
a) it's a scam from your loved ones (and trolls), that can't understand the idea of funding a open-project
B) a box that'll will have a very nearly 100% working OS
c) the joy of downloading the lastest DEV release and being one of the first to sample the fecundity of their efforts.
d) patching your OS.
I'm a geek and look forward to all this. Bleeding-edge stuff.

The information is in the forums somewhere. I recommend to keep in touch you add a HSS feed for the unofficial blog

What is that talk about a second batch? The first isn't ready yet and that has been delayed for over a year. First wait until the 4000 are being shipped and then wait for the official reaction from Craigix. Don't forget to add a couple of months unpredictable delays then.

lulzfish said:
The official reaction was "We'll need a few months to get more parts together, we should be able to make a second batch in Spring 2010"

Although the OP guys seem to think that FCC and CE certification can be done in a matter or 1 or 2 weeks, the actual info about the process states that it can take 8 to 12 weeks - this will be unlikely, but must be taken as the worst case scenario.

Given that they've got pretty much all their timing wrong so far, I'm banking on end of January for actual shipping of the Pandora. From that, I'd be surprised if Batch 2 gets underway (much less ships) anywhere before next autumn.

D.

There are no plans in place for the second batch right now, it is unlikely it will be a couple of months after the first. I'm much more interested in looking after the first 4000 people who allowed us to make this console and trusted us to deliver.

There will be more information on the second batch after Christmas I'm sure.

maiden said:
an "new board only" upgrade for pandora 1.5 when the omap4 comes this summer will be more then welcome :D
not gonna happen.

craigix said:
There are no plans in place for the second batch right now, it is unlikely it will be a couple of months after the first. I'm much more interested in looking after the first 4000 people who allowed us to make this console and trusted us to deliver.

There will be more information on the second batch after Christmas I'm sure.

While this should "light a fire" under anyone debating between being a Batch 1 customer and a Batch 2 customer, this also indicates a level of customer service rarely seen in the computer industry (much less the game console sub-section). OpenPandora aren't dumping the hardware on the first batch and then taking moeny from the next wave, they're pausing to make sure that the first batchers are happy, that their experience is as good as it can be. Whereas with most companies nowadays, the philosophy is simply "once you have their money, stop taking their calls" :(

Whats about the finance thing? For the second batch, openpandora needs only to bougt the parts like lcd, etc and there are 6000 cases in stock, so the cost of the second batch schould get a bit smaler, and so are changse to get som plus in the piggy bank (if it dit hade no flu) :lol:

i don't think we will get the first batch this year so the second batch i think will be late 2010

No!, the Mould for the Case are done, op needs only to bougt some parts and get a appointment for the mass produktion, maybe april they can delifer the second batch :rolleyes:

matzesu said:
No!, the Mould for the Case are done

Really? When did that happen? the last I heard the mold design was still being "tweaked" (code for "not finished yet")

i still think that we will not see the pandora this year it gets close then slips away again

GhostChaserUK said:
i still think that we will not see the pandora this year it gets close then slips away again

Sadly possible, but I'm hopeful :D

Monk said:
matzesu said:
No!, the Mould for the Case are done

Really? When did that happen? the last I heard the mold design was still being "tweaked" (code for "not finished yet")
no wath i means was: if the second batch did begin than are the moulds done not yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back