Batch 2?

- Theo -

Hello!

So everything looks finally alright for batch 1, consoles are coming, people are happy, YouTube videos and forum reviews start to pop up all over the place, people who believed it was a scam are baffled, and it's been a giant step for the open-source world. Awesome.

But for those of us unfortunate enough to be in batch 2 (I wish I ordered before...), any estimate of how the different batches will be handled? I'm not asking for a date (I know I'll get plently of Two Months answers). I mean, is this a second batch as in "after batch 1, we take a 6-months holiday in the Bahamas and then start batch 2", or is it supposed to start right after batch 1?

Thanks!

Yeah the last I heard the plan was that they were just going to continue straight on into batch 2, but I've been away from the boards for a while...

I heard it'll be seamless.
I'm looking at a Pandora right now and I assure you there are seams. Unfortunately, moulding the plastic around the inner electronics would have greatly stifled the modability that people were hankering for.

I'm looking at a Pandora right now and I assure you there are seams. Unfortunately, moulding the plastic around the inner electronics would have greatly stifled the modability that people were hankering for.

Simple. You get some hydrofluoric acid, and immerse the seamless case in it for a few minutes, or until you see about half the case thickness dissolve. Then you apply a combination of sanding and an exact-o-knife to the remaining case, until you can remove the case from the board. From there, it's easy sailing. Unfortunate side effect: You will need a new case every time you mod the Pandora.

is there some hardware difference between batch1 and batch two? Somewhere i read about new cases, new display cables and socketable nubs.

those are all "in the works" you will see them in Two Months well news cables will be used, they just dont break as easily as the first ones weve gotten, the socketed nubs are still in planning form, and cases will be kept for the pandora 2 as of now

I ordered a pandora in february 2009, would that be batch 1 or 2?I hope to be in batch 1.

Batch 1. Batch 2 didn't start until several months later. Well after March at least, though I can't remember exactly when.

Back