Battery Clamps Bend

5465756e

I recently noticed that some of my reachable batteries are slightly larger then others. This became apparent as the smaller ones no longer fitted in my GP2X. (They don't make contact anymore and just drop out.) At first I thought some of the batteries where too large but after looking up the standard (50mm height) I had to conclude that they met the requirements. (Apparently most of the batteries are slightly too small (49mm)). Now this is not a problem for most devices as they have battery springs, however the GP2X clamps bend. (Of course you can use a screwdriver to bend them back, however that is not desirable.)

Now I was wondering if anyone else noticed this problem and if you think we should report this. My contact with GPH came to a stop after I mentioned the GPL somewhere <_<

Maybe this is something Craigix should inform them about.

yeah i must admit i've noticed this too. i haven't had a problem other than the two times i've dropped my gp2x on the floor. once on a hard tiled floor!! both times the batteries went loose inside and i had to bend the contacts back. other than dropping the thing, it's not happened by itself yet.

as far as dropping it goes though, the gp2x seems quite robust!! full working order!!

yup I've noticed this but don't find it a problem. I just bend them outwards again whenever I replace the batteries. No big deal.

Right, it happened to me just after I got mine and inserted the included AA's. Simply bend the contacts back a bit and don't use non-rechargeable batteries :)

Back