Best Handheld For Emulation

Mmmhmm I'd like to add the fact that a lot of the hardware of the GP2X isn't even fully taken advantage of yet. I'm not 100% on this but I believe only 32 MB of the 64 MB DDR memory can only be used and the 2nd CPU is yet to be used to increase functionality for the emulators. And I know it's been said all over but its a fact you want to consider. PSP has been out in the market for quite some time now, 1-2 years I would presume. How about the GP2X? It's only been out for 3 months. So consider this: The PSP might have a booming scene in terms of emulation, but the GP2X (a unit that has been out a mere FRACTION of the time PSP has) has an emulation scene that's comparable, if not better, than that of the PSP DESPITE the fact that the GP2X (the homebrew) is being limited to one CPU instead of two, and 32 MB of DDR memory instead of the of 64 MB of DDR memory.

And just to add to the DS homebrew scene, there isn't much in terms of emulators, but its more gadetry than anything else. After the WIFI protocol was released for the DS and taken advantage of, you can literally control your computer wirelessly (it left me in complete awe while I was doing so in the washroom :p ) through your DS on the DS screen where you can see EXACTLY what is on the computer monitor. ANNNDDD just to add to the DS goodness, Opera (an Internet Browser) is going to be released on the DS this June (a collaboration of Nintendo and Opera). Imagine the possiblities with the touch screen. :ph34r:

Anyways, just my two cents.

Psymastr and DaveC, I guess that is a bit confusing. Note I never said speed was the only factor; I said what I consider. So, what I should've said was that I'm including speed, sound, interface, saving, compatibility, etc., all where applicable. I figured that someone from another scene all together would reference the PC counterparts.

thanks alot... but I've been on the DC emulation scene for a while. I'm thinking that this has got to be way faster than Super Famicast ;-). j/k well, I'll probably still get a GP2X even with the 100k cycle joystick thing came up... I'm just hoping either GPH or DaveC will come to our rescue when our units start failing.. *ugh*

Back