Best Psx Games That Can Beplayed Without Dual Analogs.

ColdRush

Still Fresh
What are your guys personal favorites that can be played fine on the Caanoo?

What I mean is games that don't use the dual analog sticks.

Alright so I did a bit of searching and found that most games didn't require them, so problem solved.

ColdRush said:
Alright so I did a bit of searching and found that most games didn't require them, so problem solved.

The only game I know, that really REQUIRED a dual shock controller was Ape Escape.

Last edited by a moderator:
@CKeichel - Yeah, that's the only game that I can think of as well - it used the D-Pad, both analogs, the shoulder buttons, and all face buttons, right?

On the same theme... I'd be interested to know which games people have found that play well. I've tried a few and they have all failed to run at all. A list of games that are compatible at a reasonable frame-rate would be great.

andyB911 said:
On the same theme... I'd be interested to know which games people have found that play well. I've tried a few and they have all failed to run at all. A list of games that are compatible at a reasonable frame-rate would be great.

This would be very helpful, I'm not all that familiar with Playstation games, but both my girlfriend and brother have some that I could rip :) Does Twisted Metal work?

fishybawb said:
andyB911 said:

This would be very helpful, I'm not all that familiar with Playstation games, but both my girlfriend and brother have some that I could rip :) Does Twisted Metal work?

As far as I know twisted metal works great - well it does in the wiz video on youtube

Well:
The Crash Bandicoot series (three games)
Crash Team Racing
The Gran Turismo series (two games, I think. you can remap the controller layout to use the right analog stick or the buttons.)
The Syphon Filter series (three games)
The Spyro the Dragon series (three games)
Metal Gear Solid
WWF: War Zone
San Francisco Rush
GTA2
Driver 2
Jet Moto 2
Digimon World 2
Resident Evil: Director's Cut: Dualshock Edition
Alone in the Dark

Anyway, can't you map the right analog stick to the AYBX buttons?

Pretty much all of my games only use the left analog stick, or don't use it at all. Star Wars Rebel Assault 2 will NOT work with an analog controller, so you'd have to map the directional buttons to the Caanoo's analog stick; otherwise the game won't respond to any of the controls, though I've only tested this out on my PS2. The only game I have that uses both analog sticks (and you can't remap the buttons) is Ape Escape.

EDIT: I've started testing some games out in PSX4ALL. One or more of the games I've listed don't work:

Syphon Filter 1 hangs during the loading screen before the first level.

ruffnutts said:
Resident Evil: Director's Cut: Dualshock Edition

Don`t seem to work for me...mmm
Well, I haven't tried it on the Caanoo yet because I am still waiting for it to be delivered, so I don't know for sure which games work or not.

Back