Beta [Beta] Hammerwatch launcher

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is the beta thread for the Hammerwatch Launcher.

For this, you'll need Hammerwatch full game, and the Mono Runtime PND

The Launcher is here.

This game needs a lot of memory, so a SwapFile (of 512M) is mandatory.

v1.10 and v1.20 are supported (they used OpenTK for OpenGL graphics), but newer 1.22 used SDL2-CS and has trouble to launch. The last version of the launcher should support it but it's untested. Please try and report.

*2014.07.11*: Fixed runscript launcher. Now the dialog to select Hammerwatch exe should show.

*2014.07.12*: Fixed again the PND, it should run now. Also update glshim to latest version (no impact it seems).

*2014.07.13*: Another try at fixing the launcher.

*2014.07.16*: New SDL2 compilation, should fix the input problem for 1.22+ version of Hammerwatch

*2014.07.17*: A new another try at fixing the launcher.

*2014.07.18*: Published on the repo.

*2014.10.19*: New build 03 in beta test. Using latest glshim and new optim try. The minimap is now working

*2014.10.19*: Updated so openal is taken from firmware. Pushed on the repo.

preview1.png

preview2.png

preview3.png

preview4.png

preview5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I downloaded the launcher first and ran it which brought up the message stating to put the data files anywhere and that I would have to do something to bring up the message asking for the location of the .exe file when I run the launcher again. I put all the required data files from  v1.20 in the Hammerwatch appdata folder but I don't get any message asking for the .exe location nor does the game launch. I've tried deleting the pnd and the appdata folder with the same results. I downloaded the mono runtime pnd as well. So what is the procedure to get the launcher to ask for the .exe location because I think that's where my problem lies?

Thanks in advance guys!

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I downloaded the launcher first and ran it which brought up the message stating to put the data files anywhere and that I would have to do something to bring up the message asking for the location of the .exe file when I run the launcher again. I put all the required data files from v1.20 in the Hammerwatch appdata folder but I don't get any message asking for the .exe location nor does the game launch. I've tried deleting the pnd and the appdata folder with the same results. I downloaded the mono runtime pnd as well. So what is the procedure to get the launcher to ask for the .exe location because I think that's where my problem lies?

Thanks in advance guys!
That is odd because deleting the pnd and appdata brought the launcher dialog back for me. Maybe try a different SD just to see what happens?

Never heared from this game but looks cute. :)

This game needs a lot of memory, so a SwapFile (of 512M) is mandatory.
Strange, it does not look like it needs alot of memory. 512MB Swap? Wow, where is all that Memory going?
One of those retro remakes that simulate old graphics, but no thought in making it actually light weight.. yeah I recommend a 512MB swap even on the 1Ghz..  It's a fun game and seems very playable with a bit of overclocking.. until I got to the maggots.. for some reason those buggers lag things down.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I downloaded the launcher first and ran it which brought up the message stating to put the data files anywhere and that I would have to do something to bring up the message asking for the location of the .exe file when I run the launcher again. I put all the required data files from  v1.20 in the Hammerwatch appdata folder but I don't get any message asking for the .exe location nor does the game launch. I've tried deleting the pnd and the appdata folder with the same results. I downloaded the mono runtime pnd as well. So what is the procedure to get the launcher to ask for the .exe location because I think that's where my problem lies?

Thanks in advance guys!
locate appdata/hammerwatch in your SDCard. In it should be a home folder, and inside a .hammerwatch file. Remove this file to have the question again.

If you don't find that file/folder, open a terminal and try

Code:
find / -name ".hammerwatch"

Thanks in advance guys!
locate appdata/hammerwatch in your SDCard. In it should be a home folder, and inside a .hammerwatch file. Remove this file to have the question again.

The only file in the home folder was a .version file and running that command brought up a long list of things that I'm denied access to. Could the .hammerwatch file have been installed somewhere else for some reason?

Thanks in advance guys!

The only file in the home folder was a .version file and running that command brought up a long list of things that I'm denied access to. Could the .hammerwatch file have been installed somewhere else for some reason?
Nope, it should be at the same place as the .version file.

I need to have a look at the /tmp/pndrun_hammerwatch.out file, there must be something wrong with the mounting of the monort.pnd...

Here's the file you asked for ptitSeb. I tried with a different SD card as well but I still can't get that .hammerwatch file to show up.

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps/hammerwatch.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/hammerwatch
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/hammerwatch=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/hammerwatch=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
WARNING Union already mounted, using it
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop0: [b301]:1293 (/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps/hammerwatch.pnd)
/dev/loop1: [b309]:1073 (/media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/menu/monort-ptitseb.pnd)
Are mounted on :
/dev/loop1 on /mnt/utmp/monort type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/utmp/hammerwatch type squashfs (ro,relatime)
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/monort type aufs (rw,relatime,si=46d7ac07,noplink)
none on /mnt/utmp/hammerwatch type aufs (rw,relatime,si=46e09907,noplink)
monort pnd build 4
Welcome to mono command line
you can compile C# program with xbuild
or use MonoDevelop GUI with monodevelop
type exit to close this window
./runscript.sh: line 121: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
./runscript.sh: line 146: syntax error: unexpected end of file
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 3

Hmmm, Ok, seems, I have a mistake in the runscript shell, inside the select the exe part.

I fixed it and update the link. Please re-download and try again.

Sorry for the late reply ptitSeb. When I run the updated launcher I get an error stating my Mono RunTime pnd is too old and to please update it.  I do have the latest pnd from the repo btw.

Sorry for the late reply ptitSeb. When I run the updated launcher I get an error stating my Mono RunTime pnd is too old and to please update it.  I do have the latest pnd from the repo btw.
Hmmm, why simple things refuse to work? I updated the launcher by removing the test (but it should work). Please try again. If it's still don't work, reboot your Panodra, try again, and put the /tmp/pndrun_hammerwatch.out logfile in here.

Ok, I now get as far as to choose the config file but the game just doesn't launch. I've tried different versions of the game with the same results. Here's the pnd out.

Code:
PND             : /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/apps/hammerwatch.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/appdata/hammerwatch
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/appdata/hammerwatch=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/hammerwatch=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
WARNING Union already mounted, using it
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop0: [b309]:177 (/media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/apps/hammerwatch.pnd)
Are mounted on :
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/hammerwatch type aufs (rw,relatime,si=8099c24d,noplink)
monort pnd build 0
./runscript.sh: line 59: cd: /mnt/utmp/monort: No such file or directory
./runscript.sh: line 60: monort.sh: No such file or directory
/media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/appdata/hammerwatch/Hammerwatch.exe selected.
cp: cannot stat `config.xml': No such file or directory
Optimizing Hammerwatch
./runscript.sh: line 135: mono: command not found
./runscript.sh: line 137: mono: command not found
unmout monort
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ FAILED]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
umount: /mnt/utmp/hammerwatch: device is busy.
        (In some cases useful info about processes that use
         the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
WARNING umount UNION failed, didnt clean up. Process still using this FS :
 3392 ?        S      0:00 /bin/bash /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/apps//monort.pnd -u
 3413 ?        S      0:00 /bin/bash /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -u -p /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/apps/monort.pnd -b hammerwatch
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop0: [b309]:177 (/media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/apps/hammerwatch.pnd)
Are mounted on :
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/hammerwatch type aufs (rw,relatime,si=8099c24d,noplink)

the mono runtime is not mounted (that's why you had an error previously stating that version was too old).

Are you abble to launch the MonoRT Command Line?

Once on the Command Line, keep it open and launch again Hammerwatch, it should work.

If the Command Line doen't work, that mean there is an issue with MonoRT PND (corrupted download?)

That did it! Thanks for all your help ptitSeb, I really appreciate it!

Btw, has anyone tried v1.22 or 1.23 yet? If not I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if they work.

So, I have just uploaded a new hammerwatch build with the hacked version of SDL2.

It should fix the keyboard input issue for latest version of Hammerwatch.

Please test and report.

Btw, has anyone tried v1.22 or 1.23 yet? If not I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if they work.
So, I have just uploaded a new hammerwatch build with the hacked version of SDL2.

Please test and report.
v1.23 from HB doesn't work. :/

Please test and report.
v1.23 from HB doesn't work. :/
And what is happening?

Back