Release HammerWatch (launcher)

I used the sgx driver pnd to install the default driver and restarted it works but there is a black bar at the top and flickers the desktop what's the best driver to use for rebirth and hammerwatch?
The black bar is because Hammerwatch fallback to windowed mode. There is also an offset with the mouse in that mode. Go to option and check "fullscreen" to have it ok again.

Best driver for rebirth I don't know, I have not tested on this model, sorry.

Hammerwatch doens't want to start, could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thank you! :)

edit: the hammerwatch pnd is on ext3, the hammerwatch files are on a fat32 card.

1GHz Model, tmp output:

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/ROOT/pandora/menu/hammerwatch.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/ROOT/pandora/appdata/hammerwatch
APPDD_FSTYPE    : ext3
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/ROOT/pandora/appdata/hammerwatch=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/hammerwatch=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
monort pnd build 4
Welcome to mono command line
you can compile C# program with xbuild
or use MonoDevelop GUI with monodevelop
type exit to close this window
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch/lib:/mnt/utmp/monort/lib:/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch/lib:/usr/lib:/lib
/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/Hammerwatch.exe selected.
v1.22 detected
updating SDL2-CS
cleanup old AOT traces
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/Hammerwatch.exe.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/FarseerPhysicsOTK.dll.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/Lidgren.Network.dll.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/NVorbis.dll.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/Pngcs.dll.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/SDL2-CS.dll.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/SteamworksManaged.dll.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/TiltedEngine.dll.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/GameuxInstallHelper.dll.so': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/OpenTK.dll.so': No such file or directory
./runscript.sh: line 174: /mnt/utmp/monort/bin/mono-sgen: Input/output error
./runscript.sh: line 176: /mnt/utmp/monort/bin/mono-sgen: Input/output error
./runscript.sh: line 186: /mnt/utmp/monort/bin/mono-sgen: Input/output error
./runscript.sh: line 190: /mnt/utmp/monort/bin/mono-sgen: Input/output error
./runscript.sh: line 194: /mnt/utmp/monort/bin/mono-sgen: Input/output error
./runscript.sh: line 206: /mnt/utmp/monort/bin/mono-sgen: Input/output error
unmout monort
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/hammerwatch': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 18

Last edited by a moderator:
@zapman: looks like a permission issue to me, where the pnd doesn't have right to write in the Hammerwatch folder.

how could it be missing write permission on

Code:
/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/
? it's only a fat32 file system, anybody may write there?

how could it be missing write permission on

/media/SD_32GB/Hammerwatch/? it's only a fat32 file system, anybody may write there?

Yeah, Fat32 have no special special permission handling. 
But maybe that card needs repair (the FAT is maybe corrupted). Try to fix error on it with a windows system, or using GParted directly on the Pandora (but Gparted must not be on that card, as it needs to be unmounted).

After some work, a new version is available on the repo.
There are many new things.
First the PND include the fmod library, so version of the game that rely on it will work.
Second, I started working on shader support on gl4es. While actual shaders support is not there, calling shader function will no longer crash, making latest version of Hammerwatch works. Of course, without really supporting shaders, trying to use some will give only garbage on screen, so be sure to go in options and disable Bloom all post process effect (and go in advanced option and select "no shader").
All in all, the 1.32 version is faster than ever (I tested using laster MonoRT build 06, with the mono v5.2).
preview7.png

Build 04
---------

• using latest gl4es (fake support for shaders)
  • using fmod
  • compatible with 1.32 version (with Temple of the Sun)

Will this be available for the Pyra? My Pandora is a little slow I think but this looks like a game I'd like to play on a handheld. Any chance Serious Sam's Bogus Detour will run also? It is made by the same people isn't it?

Will this be available for the Pyra? My Pandora is a little slow I think but this looks like a game I'd like to play on a handheld. Any chance Serious Sam's Bogus Detour will run also? It is made by the same people isn't it?
It will probably be available on the Pyra yes. It needs mono, SDL2, fmod, and gl4es, so I think it should be ok (still need to check for fmod, it's the only closed source stuff in the list).

About Serious Sam Bogus Detour: it's probably the same engine, but more recent. I think there are more shaders than before, but if they are still optionnal, it should be good. I don't own the game, so I cannot say for sure.

It will probably be available on the Pyra yes. It needs mono, SDL2, fmod, and gl4es, so I think it should be ok (still need to check for fmod, it's the only closed source stuff in the list).

About Serious Sam Bogus Detour: it's probably the same engine, but more recent. I think there are more shaders than before, but if they are still optionnal, it should be good. I don't own the game, so I cannot say for sure.
Ok, I think I'll hold off on playing the game until I get the Pyra, not even going to play it on my notebook, my Pandora is from the first batch.

Yeah, it will be cool if Bogus Detour plays also, probably do have to wait for the Pyra though.

Ok, I think I'll hold off on playing the game until I get the Pyra, not even going to play it on my notebook, my Pandora is from the first batch.

Yeah, it will be cool if Bogus Detour plays also, probably do have to wait for the Pyra though.
I quickly tried Hammerwatch on my CC, the version 1.32, with the CC overclocked to 800MHz. I add a swapfile of 512MB, and the beginning was playable, with correct speed. I haven't play far, so I don't know how are the speed when lots of baddies are on the screen.

Bogus Detour seems fine, but yeah, this one will probably needs Pyra CPU power to be playable.

I will see if I can get the latest version to test. It definitely used to slow down on the second level with lots of enemies, so I'm excited to see if they updates help with that!
[doublepost=1501429148,1501429115][/doublepost]Also: Thanks for the update!

New build on the repo.
I updated again gl4es, and now, I activated GLES2 backend by default. So shaders are working now. You can activate lighting (or shadow, bloom...). But be aware that the shaders can be quite intensive and only Gigahertz user should use that.
preview9.png

Here a picture of the lighting enabled

Also, you can stay on GLES1.1 backend (for CC model maybe?), simply edit appdata/hammerwatch/home/.es and put "1" instead of "2".

Build 05
---------

• using latest gl4es, with GLES2 backend by default (actual support for shaders)

Last edited:
Updated build on the repo, with latest gl4es.
Speedwise, it's still advised to not enable effect or lighting. Start of level are also still barely playable, with 9~10 fps on my gigahertz. In advanced option, remove the "Tile border" option also, I think it help fps a bit.

Build 06
---------

• Updated libs

Last edited:
Back