Bigger Cases?

gotwake424

Hey guys I couldnt find the thread I want to reference but It was in the we now have "7 day" pandoras without wifi craig said that they also had somenew cases that were a little bigger than the previous ones. Do these fix the close tolerance issues?

thanks

I'm pretty sure that they mean the fabric carry-case, also.

The reason for this is that I gather that they've got tons of the Pandora's plastic casings already on-hand. :p

^ nice, I ordered one and was worried by all the news that they where too tight.

Hope I get one of these bigger ones then :)

It's a good idea. The old Carrying Case was more or less a joke. Nice looking but never ever designed for the Pandora. The Measurements itself maybe would fit but the corners are just to much rounded to match with the more rectangle shape of the Pandora. I have no clue why the Case was designed in this way since the Form and size of the Pandora stand since the early beginning, long before the Carrying Case was even ordered.

I thought the initial case was just asking for shoulder buttons to be ripped off or tweaked. I also could see the handling necessary for getting the unit in and out of the case would cause case cracking potential to increase.

My bigger tougher cases (alternatives)

The first holder has interchangable foam cutt outs so i can change what devises are in there e.g. remove the dsi for a psp or archos, and will have to make one with a slot for the psv when thats out

1319462332296.jpg

1319462385939.jpg

And this little beaut is slightly larger than the pandora itself but has some foam padding and a tough aluminium shell and can hold about 7sd cards

1319462677078.jpg

After someone mentioned DSi XL cases in another thread, I found an unlabeled hard shell box for EUR15 in the Nintendo shelf at a local shopping centre.

It's a bit too big for the pandora, but that means there's room for a small USB hub and an 3G stick (plus it has compartments for 8 memory cards). While it certainly is bulkier than the soft case I used before, I feel much more comfortable just throwing that into my bag with all the other stuff.

dsi xl case for pandora outside.jpg

dsi xl case for pandora open.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i would still be tempted to add bit of foam padding to make it fit nice and snug, preventing it from being able to move about if god behold your unfortuinate enough to accidently drop it one day.

Back