Biscuits!

Prometheus

A_COOKIE.png

Even my psychotic robotic namesake would offer you a cookie, so it's time for a small dose of randomness.

Everyone has a favourite type of biscuit (or surely they have no soul :p ), so what's yours, and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
you englishmen(women) and your weird breakfast choices, over here we eat greased bacon, and fried butter

Gingernut, as a mainstay. It makes an awesome cheesecake base. But I'm fond of chocolate hobnobs and things of that nature.

I forgot mine. Oops. :lol:

Mine is the venerable Oreo. I rather like the contrast between the sweet cream and the sharper-tasting biscuit part. It also goes nicely with water or juice. :p

Definitely Oreos as well, however, anything besides milk with them is a sin imo. That and almost any cookie by Pepperidge Farm is excellent, especially Milanos.

Any chocolate biccies are good really. I dont discriminate against biccies :D Unfortunately im on a diet now so no biscuits for me.Boo hoo

This thread is confusing: 'biscuit' evidently means different things to Europeans and Americans.

So anyways: my favo(u)rite biscuit (as in cookie) is, of course, the chocolate hobnob. I win. No further entries required. Mods please close this thread.

I don't really have a particular favourite, really anything with cream or another filling will do me. That said, it would be a crime if nobody mentioned Tim Tams in this thread, although they have been made a lot thinner in recent years.

As a rule, I avoid eating biscuits the same way I avoid eating lard or drinking cooking fat. That said, I do recall their crack-like more-ishness and will indulge if offered. So what the hell happened to Jaffa Cakes eh? I recall a time when that orange jelly bit was the highlight of the thing, it was gooey and tangy and had the consistency of very cold caramel. Some time in the last couple of decades it was swapped for a rubbery gelatinous disc of unspeakable evil.

Those mint chocolate viscount things are still the same though.

^ Jaffa Cakes have gotten thinner and less cakey, too (and you used to be able to peel apart all three layers quite easily), and the chocolate has been transformed into something horrible. :p I don't seem to recall a time when the orangey-bit wasn't a gelatinous disc, though...

I guess "Strange Not-Very-Cakey-Things With Gelatinous Orange Discs In The Middle" isn't a very catchy name, though.

I blame the "All food must be bland and 'all natural'" rules we've got now, to be honest. (Yes, the ones related to those that mean you cannot advertise breakfast cereals except late at night, amongst other things, which causes some very odd advertisements which still use the same mascots that were always aimed at kids before, but trying to invoke nostalgia in parents instead.)

Real baklava is quite possibly one of the most heavenly things on the face of the planet...

Buttermilk biscuits in white gravy.

You had me at bacon. "Biscuits" in your case means unleavened bread; pretty similar to our scones. I had 'em at Red Lobster without gravy.

Really want to try Biscuits with English gravy, bacon and chorizo now. Gonna have to get me a recipe and fire up the bread maker. Unfortunately the cooking stage will have to be manual, which is where I'm going to screw them up.

Back