BitSummit 2014 / impressions (and videos)

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Here's a quick post I prepared on my way back from the BitSummit 2014 event held in Kyoto for the past few days. If you want to know what's the indie games scene like in Japan... it's a good place to start.

--> Continue Reading

Bitsummit2014.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice article. Thanks!

Wasn't the original A-Train also from Japan?

After having seen some more of the Oculus Rift in the Amnesia Fortnight documentaries I'm not so sure it is a good idea in combination with normal game controllers. And I agree it's totally ugly :)

Cool stuff, very interesting. Quiet alot of foreign people seemed to travel the long way to Japan, must be a big event. And parallax scrolling onto an 8-Bit NES?  :eek:  Wow, this must be magic! I only had an SEGA Master System back then, which was somehow comparable to the NES and I always was jealous when I had seen all the shiny multi layer scrolling of the 16 Bit MegaDrive. Never imagined this is possible onto the 8 Bit machines at all. I also don't know any 8 Bit game that had Parallax Scrolling ingame, only hte Intro of the MS "Land of Illusion" had some multi layer scrolling clouds, that's it. ^^

Back