Black screen

steb

Still Fresh
Hi, I've had my pandora for about a month now. Since about a week after first switching on I had one or two columns of bad pixels towards the far left of the screen but it wasn't bothering me and I decided I could live with it. Today while I was using it I noticed that the screen flickered a few times and then after a few minutes turned off completely (it sort of faded out over 1 or 2 seconds). Now when I switch on, the screen comes on for a few seconds and then fades out again. Wiggling the lid causes the screen to flicker back on for a split second and then fade out again.

I'm guessing this is an issue with the connection to the LCD screen, so, what can I do about it?

You could open it up and see if your LCD cable is seated properly. Perhaps it took a drop during shipping and it popped out. That's best case scenario. I wouldn't rip open the area around the LCD itself, just unscrew the 5 bolts around the battery, and remember when you replace them to not overtighten them, or you'll strip the screw housing inside the case.

Be careful with the power switch, it only goes on one way, so take note when it falls out once the case is opened.

Hopefully you don't need a new LCD cable, but that could be the situation.

Once you have it open, the LCD cable goes into its dock on the PCB, with the white piece that you can lift to release the cable. With a flathead screwdriver, you can gently slide the cable back into the dock so its even and in all the way (don't use too much force or pressure, you should notice that it slides in and won't go back any further.). Gently press down the white locking mechanism, these can break off if you use too much force opening or closing them, so be nice and gentle here too.

Hope this helps and you get it back in order. Otherwise you might need an RMA or if you are confident, you could attempt the LCD cable replacement yourself.

Back