Blog Update 11/23/08

I'm quite happy to have a _detailed_ update for a change. Between this one and the one Chip posted earlier I feel a lot better about things. Although I'm disappointed in how long it's going to take (I kinda thought things were further along in development when I pre-ordered) I'm glad to have a good idea of where things stand. It's far worse hearing "Don't worry, we're working on it" than "Here's exactly what's going on, it sucks but at least you know".

P.S. : You realize that there's an 'h' in "Chrono Trigger"?

Have you played the game on the original SNES? Even though it's Chrono Trigger, the main character is named Crono due to a 5 character name limitation. Not that I can speak for CronoTriggerFan, but I'd imagine that has something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truthfully, even if I don't get the first 400 to go out and have to wait until 2009, I can't wait to see a completed pandora running and in use.

I would like to see boot into ubuntu, use the touch screen to select an emulator and than see like Street fighter through MAME and pull off five consecutive fireballs in a row with the D-Pad as well as the analog stick.

Than I will be alright.

@CC_machine

I was waiting to see when you'd update your sig. Although their new policy of 'No more set dates' is going to make it tough ...

joa said:
I orderded very quickly and would be surprised if i wasn't in the first 600 or so.
It's no problem though we're all going to get one, I really don't mind either way.

Open letter to openpandora:

joa doesn't mind if he's not in the first lot. If he's above me, could you move him down. Thanks.

j-k ;)
Tell you what, if some arrive pre-Christmas and then there's a gap until new year these boards will go mental...

Locri Epizephyrii said:
I'm glad to have a good idea of where things stand. It's far worse hearing "Don't worry, we're working on it" than "Here's exactly what's going on, it sucks but at least you know".

Agreed.

Have you played the game on the original SNES? Even though it's Chrono Trigger, the main character is named Crono due to a 5 character name limitation.

Yea, yea, I know. There was even an item in the game briefly referred to as the "Crono Trigger".

TaG said:
j-k ;)
Tell you what, if some arrive pre-Christmas and then there's a gap until new year these boards will go mental...
I swear I will keep it secret, so send me that damn thing :ph34r:

Thanks for the update :)

Chip said:
4. Prototype keypad and case have been ordered (nope, we don't know yet exactly when they're finished)
Does this mean that the keypad layout is already fixed ?
If yes, can you tell us what it does look like :rolleyes:
If no, can we make some more proposition
I'm interested both ways as well as cosurgi I'm sure :D

I think it's great that overwhelmingly the boards are supporting the devs and not raising hell about the delays! Especially with regular updates and I am sure that the comms will now be much better with Chip on board, as he is just great and sexy and I probably would 'do' him.

But please send them all out together, as I couldn't face the riots.

lubidog said:
I ordered among the last ones. And i want people to receive their pandora before me !
I'll see what they are doing with their pandora, software will begin to develop, etc.
And it will be more interesting while waiting :)

lubidog said:
I think it's great that overwhelmingly the boards are supporting the devs and not raising hell about the delays! Especially with regular updates and I am sure that the comms will now be much better with Chip on board, as he is just great and sexy and I probably would 'do' him.

I think they will deliberately send them out in small batches then wait just to see the fun. They are evil and twisted and enjoy making these forums squirm from their teasing.
j-k

Muhahahaha
Yes, that's CraigIX-style. I'm eager to face the delivery-announcement-riddle :D

Nice to see blue tooth working, any update is a good one.

I bet we are all going to open boxes on Christmas day with IOUs on them, just you wait ;)

5m room to room with wall in between confirmed :)
I don't know if that is good, I don't use bluetooth anyway, but it sound good, I think.

mali said:
Nice to see blue tooth working, any update is a good one.

I bet we are all going to open boxes on Christmas day with IOUs on them, just you wait ;)
5m room to room with wall in between confirmed :)
I don't know if that is good, I don't use bluetooth anyway, but it sound good, I think.

(not sure if you quoted the right guy, BUT)

That seems not bad! I used BT on my phone, and I'm sure it does not get that, or at least not at a usable standard

Intresting blog :) a pity that no pandoras will surface now maybe not for this year. But on the other hand it is best not to rush, don't want a half-baked pandora with lots of problems or issues which were never found. It must be pretty complicated and time-consuming work to try to find as many defects with something as complex as the pandora(!).

Having said that though one concern remains -- what if we were still discussing all of this (say) sometime around may or june of '09?

ljones

VRAndy said:

The box will also contain hope.

The box you'll receive wont be the real one. Inside that box will be another, only smaller. Inside that smaller box, there will be another one, and then another more inside that. And another, an another, each one a little smaller than the previous one. God knows what will be inside the last one?
caja_pandora.jpg

where is my Pandora?

VRAndy said:
EvilDragon said:
It might even take until 2009 - but we won't say any date yet.
CronoTriggerFan said:
Ugh, 2009 for sure?
P.S. : You realize that there's an 'h' in "Chrono Trigger"?

It was a simple foil to the vagueness of the devs, which has (and still remains) a joke. :p And yes, I know there's supposed to be an "H" in there, but when I was signing up for my first forum back in the day, I made a typo and it;s stuck ever since. :wink:

Back