Blu+ Screens Actually Better Than Blu?

GP40 posted on May 14 2005 at 11:52 PM said:
Has any checked to see if the BLU+ units have been modified to correct the sterio sound swapping problem?
Definitely, cos the Blu originals were

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity posted on May 15 2005 at 12:00 AM said:
GP40 posted on May 14 2005 at 11:52 PM said:
Has any checked to see if the BLU+ units have been modified to correct the sterio sound swapping problem?
Definitely, cos the Blu originals were

Oh classy :D

craigix posted on May 12 2005 at 10:12 AM said:
Yes the screen is much better, its got correct brightness, the best way to see the difference is to try doom in PC screen mode and in GP32 enhanced mode.

On the Blu+ it looks perfect in PC mode, on the BLU it is dark and hard to see.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Sorry Craig but I'd hardly say it looks 'perfect' on Blu+.... Doom V10b does look much better in PC mode but the gamma settings are still not correct, there is no 'true black', the black is a faded dark brown. A few of this were mentioning this for months in the Doom support forum and there was mention that it might be fixed at some point but I guess this has been put way on the back burner :(

the picture quality on my Blu + is fantastic.... now I wish i'd seen a regular blu to see the difference. I know the reputation for overclocking is bad but I got one that does 166mhz all by itself... and yeah it's not like getting it to OC with the pencil trick or resistor mod is THAT hard. New apps/games/homebrew that are not Blu+ compatible are almost none... only a few WIP's that you really wont miss anyways. Snes emu... who cares it's so slow anyways I can't imagine how any of you PLAY it like that....

bast525 posted on May 15 2005 at 09:42 AM said:
Snes emu... who cares it's so slow anyways I can't imagine how any of you PLAY it like that....

I wholeheartedly DISAGREE. I like osnes alot. Plays great without sound, and even with sound (on .2) some games play really well @ 166. You just have to find the right settintgs

yoyo is the man. Don't say his emu is unplayable when it's not.

Jarska333 posted on May 13 2005 at 08:38 AM said:
rabbits with hats posted on May 12 2005 at 11:06 PM said:
A SNES EMU DOES WORK ON THE BLU+ I HAVE IT!
YOU FOOLS FOOLS!
SNES SNES!

Hey, 0.1 opensnesgp works on the BLU+, it just doesn't work as well as 0.3. Same for snes9xgp. I believe both their problem is, that they are ports from PC with unoptimised code.

well then for the love of god, someone out there please optimize the code!!!

triksR4rabits posted on May 15 2005 at 03:59 PM said:
bast525 posted on May 15 2005 at 09:42 AM said:
Snes emu... who cares it's so slow anyways I can't imagine how any of you PLAY it like that....

I wholeheartedly DISAGREE. I like osnes alot. Plays great without sound, and even with sound (on .2) some games play really well @ 166. You just have to find the right settintgs

yoyo is the man. Don't say his emu is unplayable when it's not.

It is unplayable to me. All of the games that I like play like molasses in January with sound on. I don't play without sound, so to me it is worthless.

bast525 posted on May 15 2005 at 01:42 PM said:
craigix posted on May 12 2005 at 10:12 AM said:
Yes the screen is much better, its got correct brightness, the best way to see the difference is to try doom in PC screen mode and in GP32 enhanced mode.

On the Blu+ it looks perfect in PC mode, on the BLU it is dark and hard to see.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Sorry Craig but I'd hardly say it looks 'perfect' on Blu+.... Doom V10b does look much better in PC mode but the gamma settings are still not correct, there is no 'true black', the black is a faded dark brown. A few of this were mentioning this for months in the Doom support forum and there was mention that it might be fixed at some point but I guess this has been put way on the back burner :(

the picture quality on my Blu + is fantastic.... now I wish i'd seen a regular blu to see the difference. I know the reputation for overclocking is bad but I got one that does 166mhz all by itself... and yeah it's not like getting it to OC with the pencil trick or resistor mod is THAT hard. New apps/games/homebrew that are not Blu+ compatible are almost none... only a few WIP's that you really wont miss anyways. Snes emu... who cares it's so slow anyways I can't imagine how any of you PLAY it like that....

Yeah, bad gamma is bad no matter what you play it on. But it probably does look better if the screen contrast is better on the BLU+

I thought Guyfawkes was going to fix it but he has gotten interested in the DS :rolleyes: DS, meh. So Doom with working saves and correct gamma may never happen now, what a shame.

Blah posted on May 16 2005 at 04:58 AM said:
The saves work, what are you talking about?

Saves are borked in the newest release of Doom v10 for the BLU+ when using custom pWADs. They seem to work for the doom 1 and DoomII original WADs only.

Back