Bought PS2

Playstation 2 has the biggest (J)RPG collection, however to enjoy these mostly you might want to get undubs and translation patches (or unoffical translations) since localizations tends to ruin either acting or dialogue (making it completely wrong, or either childish).

• Shin Megami Tenshei (Persona) / Digital Devil Saga
  • Ar Tonelico
  • Tales of Series
  • Final Fantasy Series
  • .hack// Series
  • Valkyrie Profile
  • Arc the Lad
  • Dark Cloud
  • Fatal Frame
  • Genso Suikoden
  • Grandia
  • Shadow Hearts
  • Star Ocean
  • Xenosaga

Those are what I can list on top of my head for now. If anime or Japanese/Asian style does not suit your tastes in general, then too bad.

Ahh PS2, why did I ever sell you?! That is such a solid console... I am tempted to rebuy again!

And I also think PS2 > PS3

Games that I would highly recommend on the PS2

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, If you never played it I consider this game to be a software miracle, it is so huge and the game plays as an Action RPG, you can level up your skills with weapons, and vehicles, music is great, story is great, 10 out of 10 for me.

Ace Combat 4, Way fun dogfight game, I have ace combat 5 but the story is just too whiny for me.

Burnout 3 Take down, Race, crash, take out other racers as you manouver your hunk of metal into there lane :) Great two player mode!

Gladius, Wonderfully fun tactical RPG. One of the best for sure, just a terrible story and terrible end game. If you are interested here is a little review on it wrote a few years back.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/561333-gladius/reviews/review-91845

Resident Evil 4, IMO a radical change from the PS1 games and more enjoyable and fun game.

All of those games except for Gladius were "million" sellers in the US so they should be cheap and abundent. If you are looking for some games to round out the PS2 collection that are not RPG's which there are many many good ones!

And FYI I have my US PS2 in Austria right now and all you need to do is supply it with 120V and it will work. I am using a US TV as well though, but I don't have a frequency converter between 50 to 60hz the PS2 doesn't seem to care, nor does the SNES, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, PS3 or XBOX 360.

Hope you get some good games and enjoy, the PS2 was a cool system.

This thread reminded me that I need to get my PS2 back from my friend before he moves, thanks to whomever bumped this.

Also, I have to echo previous posters and say the PS2 is one of my favorite consoles.

Back